Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Audio Opinion

Audio Opinion

I have been researching on putting an audio system to the jet ski and i have been reading many posts about this on this site.
    My set up was to The PYLE amplifier and the 2 way speakers listed below.

I was thinking about hoking up the 4 speakers in a parallel circuit to the amp, and then plug in the ipod to the amp using a cable.

Amplifier link:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...KT8F1&v=glance

And the Speakers:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...KT8F1&v=glance

I am in the process of building a system for my rxp-x in the mirrors. were do u plan on putting your speakers i cant bring myself to cutting the hull.

Not so big kahuna
    I am also in the process of adding a stereo on my RXT. I have asked the question before if anyone has run into charging problems or if they have seen problems from the Stator after installing an amp in the SEADOO...

Anyways it looks like what you are adding would be a good solution. I am currently making speaker pods out of fiberglass so I have a clean look without cutting the hull.

The amp I am using is very small as to not put too much strain on the stator.

im going to probably make a speaker box with the amp attached and place it in the front storage bin, because i am still debating if i should cut the hull or not.

+1
    ok guys here is the best way i know for a gtx hull install the faring covers make kick panels to fix inside then mount speakers in kick panels no holes drilled in hull heres a link

http://www.sea-doo.net/pictures/pict...?page=6&CID=11

+1
    If you are not going to be listening to music while you ride but only when you stop, mount the speakers in the underside of the hood. This is what I did to 2fun4u's RXPX.
    You can take a Dremel tool and remove plastic from the middle. Leave the 1/2 lip that is next to the seal on the outside edge. From there, cut some 3/8 inch plywood to fit just inside the seal. You can then drill holes through the wood into the plastic and secure the wood to the plastic on the underside of the hood.
    You will have enough room to mount (2) 6" speakers diagonally. The ONLY fit problem we ran into was the top storage compartment will not be about 2 inches too deap. It will rest on the speakers. We decided to cut out a 2-3 inch section of the removable tray then splice the bottom and top back together.
    John, if you read this, post some photos.

Here is what I did in my GPR and the same thing can be done to the RXP/RXT.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...77&postcount=1
    Last edited by KirkF350; 01-05-2010 at 05:39 PM. Reason: content

but what if i want to hear music while we are riding? is it really worth cutting the holes inside the hull? i mean what is the fastest you can go while still hearing it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    but what if i want to hear music while we are riding? is it really worth cutting the holes inside the hull? i mean what is the fastest you can go while still hearing it?
    Maybe 40ish. I just can't bring myself to cutting holes in the hulls for speakers. My wife brings some earphones with her to listed to the ipod while she rides. Get to the rest spot, pop open the hood, then it's all good.

is it really efficient installing it in the hood? also wouldn't the 400W amp draw to much power from the battery?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    is it really efficient installing it in the hood? Was for me. Try that first; if you don't like it, replace the plastic liner on the underside of the hood then start cutting the hull. also wouldn't the 400W amp draw to much power from the battery?Not sure. My little 50 watt per channel has not left me stranded yet.
    Good luck with the install.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information