Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Are there any people with an Ultra 150 Near Saint charles Illinois

Like the title said are there any Ultra 150 riders in Illinois any where near Saint Charles or The chain O Lakes.

I ride a GP1200 and I have a 97 and a 99 and I have heard about how fast the Ultra 150 is I would like to see for myself.
    I would like to run my skis against some Ultra'150's.
    I hear they can run as fast as 80mph I would like to see that but i'll run against anyone who wants to show up lol.
    Early April works for me my 99 will be faster than the 97 so I will run whatever seems like the fairest ski.

Heres one of my skis it ran a best of 66.2mph with this set up.

[/URL]

+1
    i'll bring one of my Polaris Pro 785's or my Pro 1200 to play around sometime around June if you want to go out
    785 69-70 MPH
    1200 mid 70's i'm thinking maybe alittle more or my Polaris Matrix is gonna run around 80mph
    wher do you ride

+1
    I mostly ride in Saint Charles or Batavia.
    Batavia is mostly for wrenching Saint Charles is much bigger aprox a 8 mile stretch.
    Ill run you I need to see how fast or slow the new set up will be if you smoke me too bad ill have to put the pipes back on and seal up some bolt holes to try and keep up.

I go up to the Chain O Lakes once or twice a year as well but its allways chopy.I like 5-6" ripple that works best for me.

Im still looking for some Ultra 150's I have only ever run against slow ones I would like to see some fast ones.

785 lugs come on down, if you wanted to do it later in the year like June we could get a campsite for a few days at the Chain O lakes.
    Either way it sounds like fun

Wish you were closer I will race anything.

I have 2 ..... they are anything but slow. The 04 has run 71.4 with a single pipe and 75.5 with tripples. The 00 (stock boat) is rite at 69.

[/URL]

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by btldigger View Post
    Wish you were closer I will race anything.

I have 2 ..... they are anything but slow. The 04 has run 71.4 with a single pipe and 75.5 with tripples. The 00 (stock boat) is rite at 69.

[/URL]

How do they handle ??? i always like those 150's but i heard they can get loose

Both of them handle well. The 00 is a little more unpredictable, it has a shredmaster plate and mod stock grate.

The 04 has a shred with an r&d grate to keep it hooked up better and beach house sponsons. The grate slows it down but the hook up and predictability is worth the trade. I could gain 1+ mph by putting a mod stock grate on. But I would lose rough water hookup and the ski gets very loose feeling. The ultras are a hands on ride, you have to jerk them arround and make the ski do what you want especially in rough water.

Stock the ultras were known for slidding j turns. You turn the bars and feel the backend slide then it would catch and turn. The other quirk is the ski wanting to get sideways and dump you when your in the chop. The shredmaster and sponsons cure both these problems. I once heard somone say ridding a ultra150 was like ridding a pissed off paper plate.

+1
    I would like to ride with you guys some time this year if possible I would like to see some strong Old school 2 smokes run

+1
    Yeah i usaully go out every weekend after memorial day we ride the Il. River up in Marsailles Il. will have to meet up some where i love my old 2 smokes

+1
    I know a couple of guys who ride down there Tommy,Suck my wake lives down that way.Winter sucks I dont even want to go outside lol.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    I know a couple of guys who ride down there Tommy,Suck my wake lives down that way.Winter sucks I dont even want to go outside lol.
    i hear ya the older we get it seems harder to handle

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information