Thread: Rxpx misfire

+1

Rxpx misfire

Hey guys, thought i would turn to the trusty Greenhulk team.

Ran my ski today and ingested a bit of water through my 4 inch intake. I took the ski back to the dock and put it on the trailer after realising there must be some water still in the intake as it would bog everytime i gassed it. I took the ski straight home and changed the plugs and got all the water out of my intake piping. I noticed when taking the leads off of the plugs that they were all cracked and the middle one was jammed solid in the hole. After prying it out with vice grips i changed the plugs and replaced the leads.
    When i got back in the water it was badly misfiring, so i replaced the middle lead which was the worst one but it was no better afterwards..
    Is it possible that the others were causing my misfiring? it seems to free rev fine on the trailer...

Cheers guys

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post

Ran my ski today and ingested a bit of water through my 4 inch intake. I took the ski back to the dock and put it on the trailer after realising there must be some water still in the intake as it would bog everytime i gassed it. I took the ski straight home and changed the plugs and got all the water out of my intake piping. I noticed when taking the leads off of the plugs that they were all cracked and the middle one was jammed solid in the hole. After prying it out with vice grips i changed the plugs and replaced the leads.
    When i got back in the water it was badly misfiring, so i replaced the middle lead which was the worst one but it was no better afterwards..
    Is it possible that the others were causing my misfiring? it seems to free rev fine on the trailer...

Cheers guys
    Is it possible i have done serious damage by ingesting the water??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post

Cheers guys
    Sorry but when i said i replaced the leads. I meant i put the old ones back in..

Banned User
    +1
    I'm no expert on the skis, so hopefully someone else can give some accurate advice...

If there is a airflow sensor, and its wet or dirty, it can cause these exact symptoms in cars...

Cleaning that would be my 1st option (With contact cleaner)

I wouldn't be surprised if there still would be some water somewhere in the intake system... Running the ski should clear this out....

Replacing the leads would be my next option....

A valve that is not seated well could also show the same symptoms...

Hopefully someone else can post a more helpful response.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lolzer View Post
    I'm no expert on the skis, so hopefully someone else can give some accurate advice...

If there is a airflow sensor, and its wet or dirty, it can cause these exact symptoms in cars...

Cleaning that would be my 1st option (With contact cleaner)

I wouldn't be surprised if there still would be some water somewhere in the intake system...

Replacing the leads would be my next option....

Hopefully someone else can post a more helpful response.
    yer i was a bit worried that there might be a bit of water left in the intake system somewhere, but i had all the hoses off. Could only have been a slight amount in the I/C possibly, but the ski isnt running like its ingested water, feels much more like a miss to me.. Cheers

+1
    next time this happens just run the ski for afew more minutes and it should clear up. happens to me occasionally

Thread Information