+1

would a wedge help me on 15f?

i was wondering would this addition help me or not? im in a wheelchair and unable to stand up to properly distribute my weight to the back of the ski. i also only way around 115 pounds. im small but fearless! i once flipped over the handle bars of my gpr going 65 plus and hit the water skipping about 7 times before coming to a stop! my friend running along side said it was the scariest thing he ever saw! i was thinking the wedge might help get the boat more out of the water to run faster. i know the wedge can make one porpoise more as im already doing that now a little with 2 people aboard until i reach a certain speed. i know this is from the plate. so guys what you think?

+1
    it really depends on how your looking to change your ride characteristics.
    A wedge is going to help lift the bow out of the water a little more at speed. by doing this it's going to diminish handling somewhat but generally gain a little top speed.
    I've always found porpoise to be a battle of lift. As the ski comes out of the water due to lift/speed, gravity pulls it back down..
    If your already showing signs of porpoising I don't know if a wedge is going to help you...

+1
    there is no porpoise when its just me riding. this only happens with 2 people aboard but i guess the wedge could make it even worse. as far as the handling goes. its hard for me to hold anyway when it get choppy. i do like to go fast on flatwater though. i try and go to the lake mostly on weekdays so the water is calm. ive been told a ultra 250/260 would be a good boat for me cause chop is barely noticeable on one of these. thanks for the response drew.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    r&d ride plate w/ the r&d rec plate... will bring the nose up a little but keep you hooked up more.

yeah, If you already have the plate, dont bother with the wedge, it will porpoise

Thread Information