+1

Another EFI question, arrgggghhh

Got the EFI up and running. But I am running into a simple problem. My ski won't idle, if you let off the throttle, it just dies. I have a umi finger throttle on umi bars. Do the EFI's idle via the throttle cable or could you have the cable completely loose and it should idle on its own? If it doesn't need the throttle cable to idle, does anyone know this answer to this question? Does yamaha intentionally set the idle completely off till it gets to a dealership and part of the prep is to set the idle correctly?
    Thanks for any help,
    SHOOTER

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    It doesn't use the cable to idle you can have it completely loose and it will idle. What is your efi set at shooter. Also an air leak will cause your symptom.

+1
    Jim, this is a brand new motor. The only thing I changed on the ski was the stock reeds. I put in the DF3's from Fernando. I used sealant on the gaskets. I ran the motor, holding it at a steady rpm and sprayed fogging oil all around there to see if it would bog the motor down while running. It did not bog at all. I think checked the fuel line on the nipple, I noticed some fuel residue and bubbling around that area where at the end of the hose around the nipple. I then grabbed the hose and pushed it back onto the connector and fuel sprayed out under that black cover that goes over the red clamp. Also, when I got this motor from Riva, there was a hose clamp and not an otiker clamp.
    Another thing that Mikey keeps bringing up and makes a good point, we had to clean the fuel injectors out. While sitting the injectors up on the motor, we kept turning the motor over and over to make sure that the injectors were working. Not thinking about it, the oil pump was hooked up, so I am sure the crankcase is filled with oil. I ran it on the trailer trying to get the oil out, but Mikey is saying without running it in the water, I'll never get the oil out. Could this be whats causing my problem? I trust Mikey's opinions, always have, but sometimes ya just need a second opinion to try and knock some things out one at a time.
    SHOOTER

+1
    Shooter,
    Is this the pre-efi motor you hooked up the FI to? If yes, what did you do with the vaccum lines on the case?

+1
    this is an 06 efi boat.
    SHOOTER

Thread Information