260 ultra ECU heat....!

I went out yesterday for an hour riding my jetski 260 the speed was from 18 to 23 I did not go over 23
    The jetski got 6 hours until now. While am riding the jetski stopped I tried to start it many times but it didnít start so I took the seat off to check if they are something wrong with the engine . I checked all wires ,oil and filter they are all fine .
    While am checking I put my hand over the engine and it was all right I put my hand over the super and itís also all right but when I tried to put my hand over the ECU & down Sensor was burning hot the metal holding the ECU was really hot I donít think it suppose to be that hot anyone know what would case the ECU & the holding metal to be that hot ??

The jetski start fine after 20 minute
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ecu.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	167250  

+1
    never touched mine never had the need, guessing you have nothing to worry about as heat rises it would have only been radiated heat. no one here has ever reported any problems with the upside down sensor. many 260 owners have reported starting issues once the ski is hot though. by the way im a bit confused with those speeds, you need to give the ski a good flogging if you have been riding it that slow for 6hrs it will need a good hard run to burn up all the carbon build up.

i thought breakin hours i should ride slow between 20 to 30 with low RPM

+1
    here you go read this

i suggest you go and run it hard next time out im sure others would agree

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kz71 View Post
    I went out yesterday for an hour riding my jetski 260 the speed was from 18 to 23 I did not go over 23
    The jetski got 6 hours until now. While am riding the jetski stopped I tried to start it many times but it didnít start so I took the seat off to check if they are something wrong with the engine . I checked all wires ,oil and filter they are all fine .
    While am checking I put my hand over the engine and it was all right I put my hand over the super and itís also all right but when I tried to put my hand over the ECU & down Sensor was burning hot the metal holding the ECU was really hot I donít think it suppose to be that hot anyone know what would case the ECU & the holding metal to be that hot ??

The jetski start fine after 20 minute
    your ecu is not in that picture, are you sure your grabbing the right thing, in the pic is your coils though could be them you were touching. ecu is in behind the top inspection cover in the front hold.

You need to run it in hard! Trust me! first one run in soft, second one run in hard. One run in hard revs better and is faster. Everything gets hot in kwakkas. check that your engine revs out clean to your max speed. Don't know what temps the items in your pics are supposed to be I have never checked them. If you establish the item in question to be the coils, check the resistance of the two coils between the outlets and verify the same readings. I personally don't think you have a problem....You are just a meticulous person. Good luck.

What your touching is the voltage regulator. It gets warn even hot at times.

Stop being a fairy and run your Ultra hard. Ive run in over 30 new Ultra's and never had a break in issue. These Kawi's run hot and like it hot.

Dont worry about the voltage regulator unless you have your battery hooked up wrong.

Thanks guys for the help.

Thread Information