Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Blocking off intercooler msx 150

Hi guys i have a problem with my intercooler its is making my engine oil milky and mechanic reported that intercooler was at fault he also said to get a pipe for one side to the other where the intercooler connects to and make the cooler null and void. is that a idea and would it work

+1
    that is not your problem. Why does he think it is your intercooler? the intercooler do not have any connection to engine oil. Are you talking about your oil cooler or oil tank? Need more information... How long have you owned it? Are you new to the ski?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1

+1
    Hi 4strokepolaristech he said that the intercooler was corrioded inside and was causing coolant to mix with the oil for some strange reason i just had the motor rebuilt from top to buttom, also the oil in the oil cannister is very milky. I have not owned it for long

K447 i also do have a 2004 seadoo gti le ????

Its not a crime for owning 2 jet skis i hope

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by gtile04 View Post
    ...I also do have a 2004 seadoo gti le ????

Its not a crime for owning 2 jet skis i hope
    Not a problem at all

Just recapping where things were at from earlier threads

+1
    any more suggestions how to block the cooler off

+1
    like mentioned earlier and looking at your old post it sound like you have a bad oil tank. you need to look into it a little bit more. the intercooler has no direct connection to oil. it has raw water(sea or fresh whatever you are riding in) pass through it to cool down the air that has been compressed by the turbo. then it leaves and goes into you intake manifold. so if you had a leaking intercooler you would see signs of water being into the combustion chamber(rusty spark plugs,clean tops of pistons,down on performance).

you NEED TO LOOK AT THE OIL TANK! You will be down on power if you bypass the intercooler. Even the 110 that makes about 5 psi less runs a small intercooler. Any engine that is making over 8 psi really benfits from a intercooler and should remain intercooled.

As far as the corrosion inside the intercooler you will get that from riding in that salt water air and if you have ever had the boat rolled over or water leak inside the boat.

is the coolant level dropping on you? If not then you most likely have a bad oil tank.
    Last edited by 2&4strokepolaristech; 01-11-2010 at 08:07 AM. Reason: added last line

+1
    I agree with 4strokepolaristech the inter cooler is not your problem.
    Is all of the the oil milky or just a deposit around the top of the canister?

If you had water splashing around in the hull without a drive shaft coupling cover fitted or just a large amount of water it has been known to make it's way into the engine through the breather hole in the vapor separator located on the side of the oil canister. If this is diagnosed as the entry point you will need to change the oil a couple of times to clear up the contamination.

If you don't think this was the cause you need to start pressure testing the individual components. This can be done with the components in place, it just takes time and adapters. Start with the canister and pressure test both circuits. (Oil and water)

Cheers

+1
    p.s. if you want a good used intercooler I have one for 500.00 USD shipped to you via USPS.

+1
    4strokepolaristech the wierd thing is the coolant level has not dropt what so ever and is still green with no signs of mixture. I have also rectified the water in hull problem there were 2 loose bolts that go into the engine which was causing water and oil spray in the hull. How would i go about checking the oil cannister to see how i can rectify the problem of the milky oil??? Thanks mate i really appreciate your help

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information