What is good price for 2008 RXP-X?

What would be a real good price for a new 2008 RXP-X 255? Dealer's first offer was $10400. I suspect here in January and with new economy they are pretty hungry. I don't have a good feel for these and wanted some advice.

Thanks,
    Jim

+1
    I checked around here last week and could get them between 10k and $9,600 out the door, no trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by RightOnTarget1 View Post
    What would be a real good price for a new 2008 RXP-X 255? Dealer's first offer was $10400. I suspect here in January and with new economy they are pretty hungry. I don't have a good feel for these and wanted some advice.

Thanks,
    Jim
    Ive been to two local dealers here in town and they were priced exactly what you listed above. However one dealer over in Baltimore has a 08 RXP-X listed at 8500 but that doesnt include tax, title, destination fee and assembly fee (Think it came out to b 9700 OTD). I ended up searching for a used one and found a 1 hour 08 RXP-X and paid 8500 for it. Just search around the deals are out there.

+1
    I have been looking for an x also sence thay cant seem to fix mine and 10,400 is about dealer cost if thay get any discounts from brp thay want to get skis off of the floor plan. just remember the dealer has to jump through hoops on warenty work. it takes forever love the skis not happy with brp

+1
    On a 2 year old ski; I would not pay over $9000.00 out the door with no trailer.
    You may be able to find a used one with warranty and little hours for less than $8.

Thanks! I was thinking he was including trailer. I'll look around a bit more and see if this guy has some more flexibility. I have cash, but I'm in no hurry.

I know your not near here but print this ad and see if they will match it.

http://petescycle.com/miscpage_005.asp

10,400 is a rip off. I paid 10,300 at the beginning of August 08 for an 08 with no trailer. The way the economy is, off season selling and maybe a floor plan over his head he's stupid.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RightOnTarget1 View Post
    Thanks! I was thinking he was including trailer. I'll look around a bit more and see if this guy has some more flexibility. I have cash, but I'm in no hurry.
    you have cash, balls in your court. go in there with a check written out to them for what you wanna pay, dont show or tell them though. play hard ball for a little while, let them tell you they "cant" give it to you for the price you wanna pay, or all about how the brp discounts they can give out just expired. then right before your about to walk out the door show them the check and say something along the lines of "i guess ill have to tear this check up then" or "too bad i was hoping i could trade this check for a ski today" and watch their tune change reaaaaal fast. worked good for me when i did it!! good luck. i paid 10100 otd no trailer for a brand new 08 in september i think that was a good deal for the time. a 2 year old ski now so you should be able to do better i think.

Thread Information