Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Coolant in oil--HELP!!!

ok guys i was out testing the bike this weeknd and i got the high temp buzz so i cut it offand made it cool a bit befor i ran back in to shore when i got in the oil was fine i checked it then and even chked it after flushing the bike saterday night now yesterday i went to start in on the stand and went to chk the oil before i crank it up and found that i have coolant in the oil what gives? it was fine the day before..
    I know the 1st thing could be the head but what els could i do or chk before pulling the motor down?

+1
    I would check compression, make sure oil level is at the right level and then also pressure test the coolant system if you still have factory cooling.You can get a coolant pressure tester at sears or the likes or just borrow from a friend.I would try these first and then move on to the next step.

+1
    Here's a thread on this very topic.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=112386

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by k-man-kid View Post
    ok guys i was out testing the bike this weeknd and i got the high temp buzz so i cut it offand made it cool a bit befor i ran back in to shore when i got in the oil was fine i checked it then and even chked it after flushing the bike saterday night now yesterday i went to start in on the stand and went to chk the oil before i crank it up and found that i have coolant in the oil what gives? it was fine the day before..
    I know the 1st thing could be the head but what els could i do or chk before pulling the motor down?
    You have coolant in the oil. Do you also have oil in the coolant?? This could be a failed oil cooler. Happened a few times. Removing it to test is not easy though.

check the oil cooler first

+1
    Could be oil cooler, could be water pump/oil pump shaft seal, could be head gasket. could be cracked block. There are a few possibilities.

Thanks, for all the info guys i am not geeting any oil in the coolant it just coolant going in to the crank case.. i am going to do a pressure test to the cooling system later.. what get me is that it was fine after i took the ski out of the water it just went in over night while the ski is on the stand..

Unhappy It does not look good

so i got time to chk out the ski and this i what i got when i pumped out the oil.. Also when i pulled the spark plugs they all had drops of coolant on them

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00069-20100116-1921.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	254.0 KB 
ID:	168150

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00071-20100116-1922.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	255.1 KB 
ID:	168151

Banned User
    +1
    if you had water on the plugs too i would think its going to be an issue w/ the head/headgasket. honestly i dont have much expierence w/ the 4tech head but i worked in an automotive cylinder head shop for a few years and ive seen where the coolant passage in the head cracked and leaked into the oil that way. still had good compression and performance just had chocolate milk oil, like yours. doesn't exactly explain the water on the plugs but its another suggestion. hopefully its not your motor and just a faulty oil cooler!! let us know

I am hoping to pull the motor out today.. i did the test on the cooling system and it was lossing PSI. so i guess it could be the head gasket..

not sure what els to test..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information