Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

HKS Blow-off Valve

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to gather a group interest on incorporating the HKS blow-off valve into our 4-tec s/c setups. Please post with interest you may have.

-James

Banned User
    I have been down for this for awhile, I looked at putting a XS Turbo RFL on my ski.

I believe that one of the forum members has done this to his Ski recently, and I am considering the same, if not only for the "Show" side of things.

It sure sounds good on full tilt clipping the wave crests.

Recommended IMO.

Whistle tip

knowing turbo car stuff, The super sequential blow off valve from Hks is a nice part but I noticed on low boost cars 8-10 lbs it would surge(the second diaphram wouldn't open) As for the RFL that is the biggest piece of crap blow of valve, don't waste your money on it, it never opened on time and it would eventually get stuck closer or open on friends cars. To be honest if you want something good and "pretty", 50mm tial best all around and not too pricey. If you want something to make your ski more reliable the 1st gen eclipse bov would be ideal. Any Dsm kid would sell you it for 40-50 bucks and it's good for 400hp.

+1
    I'm just not comfortable with the everyday consumer having pay $275 to add one their FZR when it could be had for much much less, with even higher quality. Dan's got the Yamaha's taken care of though. If enough Seadoo guys want one, I can make it happen.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysgsx14 View Post
    knowing turbo car stuff, The super sequential blow off valve from Hks is a nice part but I noticed on low boost cars 8-10 lbs it would surge(the second diaphram wouldn't open) As for the RFL that is the biggest piece of crap blow of valve, don't waste your money on it, it never opened on time and it would eventually get stuck closer or open on friends cars. To be honest if you want something good and "pretty", 50mm tial best all around and not too pricey. If you want something to make your ski more reliable the 1st gen eclipse bov would be ideal. Any Dsm kid would sell you it for 40-50 bucks and it's good for 400hp.
    How about a sequential BOV that's easily adjustable?

Banned User
    +1
    gotta tial myself from malvin at turbo tech no complaints from me. if you wanna check it out its in my album in my profile

+1
    I have been using the GREDDY type RS BOV.

Has put up with 20 hours of thrashing it in the salt so far and no problems.

This also bolts straight up to the Riva pro series intercooler pipes.

I think you can get them around $240 USD.

I have tested a few turbosmart BOV and they all seem to leak after a while.

+1
    Been running a TiAL BOV on the Turbo GTI for more than a year now. it is tunable with the spring kit, and dead reliable. After a year in salt and every other condition it still looks and operates like it did new.

Tuning it is very important, do not overlook this step with any BOV, or you will create boost lag that is unecessary even on a Supercharged application.

FYI: BOV's are now IJSBA legal in limited runabout classes.

bov

Jfizzle, Any good b.o.v is adjustable. I mean if you have the hks laying around and you want to use it go for it. For the price it isn't the best and the flange design is shitty and a pain to take off compared to others.
    I'm glad the greddy was brought up, It was on the tip of my tongue( been outta the car scene for awhile) Greddy rs is def nice looking and you have the option to route it back into the intake if need be, nice part.

The 1st gen turbo eclipse bov would be the cheapest and work fine if you are trying to save cash.

Won't quite sound as amazing as this but this is a tial

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information