Banned User
    +1

ride plate R&R questions

so i got the old rideplate off, only broke one of the threaded fittings off the rideplate trying to yank the hose off hahaha. i have a few easy questions now.
    1. there was a two sided tape looking piece inbetween the plate and hull. does that need to be replaced or can i just fill the void with some more "right stuff"

2. do you put the thru-hull fittings back on the plate with all the "right stuff" on and then put the plate back on? i assume you should but have never done it before.

thanks in advance
    mike

+1
    You can use silicone in place of that foam piece. Dont need any silicone on the nippples. They have o-rings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    so i got the old rideplate off, only broke one of the threaded fittings off the rideplate trying to yank the hose off hahaha. i have a few easy questions now.
    1. there was a two sided tape looking piece inbetween the plate and hull. does that need to be replaced or can i just fill the void with some more "right stuff"

2. do you put the thru-hull fittings back on the plate with all the "right stuff" on and then put the plate back on? i assume you should but have never done it before.

thanks in advance
    mike

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Mike, if I understand your question correctly, yes, install the through hull fittings (hose barbs) before you reinstall the plate. If you don't the "Right Stuff" will ooze into the openings and cause you grief trying to remove it for the barbs. If you have any questions shoot me a PM... I've done this a few times now and can send you some pics.

BTW... as soon as the sun comes out () we'll be heading for Tower or Windmill... I'll keep you posted.

Jeff & Annette

Banned User
    +1
    thanks for the quick response guys. now back to scraping all that old sealer off the hull.
    i bet everyones going stir crazy for some sun. i know im running out of things in my budget to do to my ski ha. you can only wax it so many times... tower park or windmill just leme know!

Banned User
    +1
    three cans of right stuff later i got it on there and (hopefully) sealed up real tight. if not i think ill cry having to strip all that stuff off again tomorrow on to the 160 thermostat project

Banned User
    +1
    daaaamn leaked like a mofo. guy i bought the plate from told me he broke one of the threaded fittings the thru-hull fittings screw onto but swore up and down his mechanic buddy was the shizz and was gonna fix it right. well the part did get put back in but every single one of those torx bolts holding the black top cover on the rideplate was at least 1 1/2 turns loose. shame on me i suppose for not checking them. i'm severly kicking myself as i scrape all these cans of right stuff back off the bottom of my ski.

so now heres my next question. is there anything i should know about those torx bolts or the rubber gasket underneath. can i re-use them? i payed close attention and know the torx w/o washers line the outside and the ones with washers fill the rest of the holes. shop manual i have says nothing about either one so i bow down and beg for answers from the folk who've been there done that

daaaamn leaked like a mofo. guy i bought the plate from told me he broke one of the threaded fittings the thru-hull fittings screw onto but swore up and down his mechanic buddy was the shizz and was gonna fix it right. well the part did get put back in but every single one of those torx bolts holding the black top cover on the rideplate was at least 1 1/2 turns loose. shame on me i suppose for not checking them. i'm severly kicking myself as i scrape all these cans of right stuff back off the bottom of my ski.

so now heres my next question. is there anything i should know about those torx bolts or the rubber gasket underneath. can i re-use them? i payed close attention and know the torx w/o washers line the outside and the ones with washers fill the rest of the holes. shop manual i have says nothing about either one so i bow down and beg for answers from the folk who've been there done that
    Replace the gasket and put some black rtv on the plate screws on installation thats what we did when we ran into that problem. Did you verify exactly were it was leaking from , is from the screws or the nipples.?

Banned User
    +1
    yea it was definitely leaking from the screws and not the fittings. i cant seem to find the part number for that gasket in the online store anywhere any ideas?

+1
    yea it was definitely leaking from the screws and not the fittings. i cant seem to find the part number for that gasket in the online store anywhere any ideas?
    I haven't opened the rideplate before. Are you suggesting that there is a gasket between the bottom plate and the top cover, which all those bolts secure it to? I looked and it doesn't look, to me at least, like you can buy the gasket by itself. I just added the Riva plate and have a OEM plate sitting on the bench if you end up needing to replace it...We can work something out as a last case scenerio. Hopefully someone can chime in and help you out.

See the following, where the plate is listed and includes the drain plug and loc tite. http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....=13&A=161&B=13

--Jeremy

Banned User
    +1
    yup inbetween the black part and bottom rideplate itself is a rubber gasket that seals in the coolant. i went to the stealership today and they said for that gasket and the threaded fitting that the thru-hull connects to (broke it on the way out) i would have to BUY A WHOLE NEW RIDEPLATE! what a joke, brp doesnt sell them seaperately. if i cant figure anything out ill shoot ya a pm

Thread Information