Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    1050 (bottom) cylinder rings .5 over (it's a reach, I know!)

    In a lapse of stupidity, I managed to break the bottom rings on two of my brand new piston kits for the 1050.


    Figured I'd try here in case by some chance someone just happened to have extra .5 over rings laying around! Anyone??


    If not, what's the best place to get them?


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    topeka,ks
    Posts
    3,332
    with out looking at aftermarket non oem pistons if your useing oem and wanna stay oem , your looking at $54.42 each

    they dont sell just the bottom , you gotta buy em in sets

  3. #3
    I think they're WSM platinums.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    topeka,ks
    Posts
    3,332
    well then you dont need the pricey oem rings ,

    at 29.98 they arnt cheap but better than 50 $


    http://www.atlanticjetsports.com/pis..._-_polaris.htm

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone1050 View Post
    well then you dont need the pricey oem rings ,

    at 29.98 they arnt cheap but better than 50 $


    http://www.atlanticjetsports.com/pis..._-_polaris.htm

    Sweet! That's better than the $45 the seller I bought them from on Ebay wanted for them.

    Guess I just paid the $60 stupid tax....again.

  6. #6
    casey67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lemont,IL
    Posts
    2,571
    +1
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by bgaidan View Post
    In a lapse of stupidity, I managed to break the bottom rings on two of my brand new piston kits for the 1050.


    Figured I'd try here in case by some chance someone just happened to have extra .5 over rings laying around! Anyone??


    If not, what's the best place to get them?
    I have OEM .5 ring sets , do the WSM pistons use the L shaped upper ring ?

    I beleive the bottom ring is just a square cut,we will need to get some mearurements to make sure they would work.
    Send me a PM if interested in trying . Free , if they will work.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by casey67 View Post
    I have OEM .5 ring sets , do the WSM pistons use the L shaped upper ring ?

    I beleive the bottom ring is just a square cut,we will need to get some mearurements to make sure they would work.
    Send me a PM if interested in trying . Free , if they will work.

    Dude! Awesome!

    I'll run out to the shop tonight and take a look and snap some pics and grab some measurements.

    Pretty sure you're right - bottom ring is square and I think the top is L.


    I felt pretty stupid when I broke the first one. And really, really stupid when the second one snapped. I've never had problems compressing the rings by hand and sliding the jug over them before. These just snapped. Maybe WSM uses cheap-o rings? The third one went on without a problem.

  8. #8
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by zeususa View Post
    i'm looking for a 3021009, or will a 3021018 be a drop in replacement? Im new on this forum..please help out a beginner.81mm piston
    Are you looking for a cylinder , piston, or a complete piston "kit"? (rings pin, clips, bearing)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Stuck on an island, water in cylinders and cant turn it over.
    By darrylgood in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 12:05 PM
  2. HELP : O Ring where Does It Go.....
    By Mik72e in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 10:57 PM
  3. For Sale 4 New White 951 Rings-1st Over
    By KrunchovXPL-GTX-RX in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 11:37 AM
  4. If not the wear ring...what can it be...?
    By GeoRXT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-06-2006, 10:14 PM
  5. Wear ring...Is this a worn ring...PICS of it and new SS one!
    By Totallyblown in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 02:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •