A weekend of riding at the beach!

Hey guys, I just got back from the beach and man was that water cold . I was breaking the rxp in and I didn't hit wot untill after 2hours, was this wise? I only did 3/4ths throttle bursts for 10-15secs then after 2 hours I did wot bursts. In the chop my speedo(dreamo) said I was going 70, I figure that is good being it was the chop. Oh and it handles great in the chop and it loves the waves . No pictures though, I forgot the damn camera at home . It really is a good riding ski and not to mention the kids on the 3 seaters who think they have fast skis when I fly by them at only 3/4ths throttle . That supercharger sounds hella badass !

+1
    Sounds like you are doing well with your breakin so far. Just keep varrying the throttle and give it some WOT blips every now and then.

I am going out next weekend, and at what hours can I start to go wot all the time? I figured around 6 hours maybe. I was riding my rxp and I found some fairly unchoppy water in the sound, and I sped up to 40mph or so and started doing turns and shit, and the rxp just acts like it was born to ride the slick water. Latter I tried it on the chop and it actually did just as good, I was quite pleased; that opas blockoff makes hella difference. For top speeds where should my trim be at? On my rx I would start 2 down then move it to 2 up once it got on top of the water. Also is this a good GPS http://www.gps-home.com/gps-products/eTrex.aspx ?

+1
    Most of us have the eTrex Legend. I am not sure what the difference is between the 2, any gamin unit is a good buy.

6 hours is a good point to start hitting it. Just don't hold it for too long. Glad you like the ski, but don't get too cocky about beating those 3 seaters. My brother and I did a little drag racing this weekend, he has the 30 gtx-sc 3 seater with a solas impeller adn worx grate, i just have a stock rxp with a riva grate. We tried racing in some pretty heavy chop, he stayed with me and i eventually gave up from fear of flying off my ski...

Have fun!

Also, me and my dad would probablly come down for that rally with all the riva guys, but it is kinda far away from north carolina. If you did one a bit closer you might see us there next time . You need to make pictures and stuff, and some videos. I wanna see some RXPs kicking some GPR ass. Maybe 11 will go, I'd like to see what he looks like . Wonder if he has ever ridden an rxp lol.

Quote Originally Posted by miketrin
    Most of us have the eTrex Legend. I am not sure what the difference is between the 2, any gamin unit is a good buy.

6 hours is a good point to start hitting it. Just don't hold it for too long. Glad you like the ski, but don't get too cocky about beating those 3 seaters. My brother and I did a little drag racing this weekend, he has the 30 gtx-sc 3 seater with a solas impeller adn worx grate, i just have a stock rxp with a riva grate. We tried racing in some pretty heavy chop, he stayed with me and i eventually gave up from fear of flying off my ski...

Have fun!
    Haha, I'm not being cocky, it was only 3/4ths throttle . Yeah, those 3 seaters tend to stay on the water better than a 2 seater, but I was very impressed with how well the rxp stayed hooked up with the water in chop. Hardly ever went air born bad, as in 2' outta the watter, or enough to slow me down . Of coarse it was only 3/4ths throttle tho !

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    I think I am going to steal a morning and just go ride, between working half time (you know, 12 hours a day) and the baby I am on serious withdrawal.

I feel you man. So you do alot of chop ridding? I havent heard alot of people doing chop on the RXP, maybe I'll be the first on here with a modded RXP on chop . I can't decide if the Riva stage 1 is worth it or not. I could prolly put togeather my own kit for less and get more mph.

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Well I don't have an RXP, I have superstock STXR and SXR, building myself a new SJ (and XP but shhh)...

I ride my friend's RXP pretty regularly (well, last year I did) in the chop and it's not its playground.

If I go for a spin without telling the wife (who would find absolutely unforgivable that I take 3 hours not taking care of her and the baby or working) it will be on my 120hp SXR...

PS: the stage 1 is worth every penny.

Thread Information