Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

??? 300 hour ?????

I have a 2007 rxp with about 5 more hour to 300 hour with riva stage 3, my ? is one day of hard race a the oil sign came on for more oil, is that normal for that many hour? or is because of RPM are 8600 MPH 83.4 Thas the only problem I have...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpredviper View Post
    I have a 2007 rxp with about 5 more hour to 300 hour with riva stage 3, my ? is one day of hard race a the oil sign came on for more oil, is that normal for that many hour? or is because of RPM are 8600 MPH 83.4 Thas the only problem I have...
    Was it the oil pressure light???
    If so yes I know of a few peeps that have trouble with oil press sensors when racing. Did it go into limp mode??? R88

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    Was it the oil pressure light???
    If so yes I know of a few peeps that have trouble with oil press sensors when racing. Did it go into limp mode??? R88
    No did not went to limp mode, a give me the warning off low oil and a was true that was low, and a look like that a have a save mode because a dont let me accelerate at all until i put oil, thas a good!! what do you think is that normal for dos rpm? or you know any body with the same problem.. thanks

No did not went to limp mode, a give me the warning off low oil and a was true that was low, and a look like that a have a save mode because a dont let me accelerate at all until i put oil, thas a good!! what do you think is that normal for dos rpm? or you know any body with the same problem.. thanks
    How much oil did you have to add to your ski? If it was low like you said then your either leaking it somewhere or burning it. If there is no oil in your hull then your motor is probably burning it. I would start with a compression test and a leak down test. I really dont think the RPMs matter as long as you have the supporting mods to rev that high, but it could be your motor is just plain wore out. Goodluck

+1
    Is your catch can full of oil? As mentioned above, do a compression test and leakdown test. Your head gasket and/or rings could've experienced excessive wear.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by use2vtec View Post
    How much oil did you have to add to your ski? If it was low like you said then your either leaking it somewhere or burning it. If there is no oil in your hull then your motor is probably burning it. I would start with a compression test and a leak down test. I really dont think the RPMs matter as long as you have the supporting mods to rev that high, but it could be your motor is just plain wore out. Goodluck
    ok thanks for you help...

Is your catch can full of oil? As mentioned above, do a compression test and leakdown test. Your head gasket and/or rings could've experienced excessive wear.

Ok i will look into that.. I think is time for RIVA PISTON SET dont you think?

+1
    If it wouldnt let you accel then it sounds like it was in limp mode to me. R88

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    300 hours, consider yourself privileged, I'm there with stage 1-2ish mods. You might need to check your oil often.Could be up the supercharger into the intake.....and engine....burning off and not even knowing it. I'm on 3rd S/C rebuild with oil being dumped into S/C as the reason for my 3rd rebuild.

+1

Thumbs up low oil !!!

I have seen you guys running your skis with very little oil level. Do an oil change and see how much oil is there.add your new #3qts of oil go ridding and keep on checking the oil often...besides, you're do for a new water toy!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdelgado View Post
    I have seen you guys running your skis with very little oil level. Do an oil change and see how much oil is there.add your new #3qts of oil go ridding and keep on checking the oil often...besides, you're do for a new water toy!!!
    who runs there oil low? it should be in the middle. Most likely the motor is tired with 300hrs of high reving and just need a freshing up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information