Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Usa to help HAITI

We cant take care of our own here ..And now were going to get help over there....Here come all the relief scams etc....Come on Serious...As i do feel for the people and crap that happened.But the usa has enough issues that cant get attention...Im lost on this.....We cant deal with our own major problems .....And were going to fly over there and make it all better ...Once again i feel for the familys and lost life..But us helping ..What a joke.... Last time i checked we the usa were out of money and jobs...

+1
    Haiti has been a disaster for years......
    they got hit pretty hard though...

‘Horrific’ devastation from Haiti quake
    PM fears death toll above 100,000...

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Death was everywhere Wednesday in this devastated city of 2 million. Bodies of tiny children were piled next to schools. Corpses of women lay on the street with stunned expressions frozen on their faces as flies began to gather. Bodies of men were covered with plastic tarps or cotton sheets...
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34829978...ti_earthquake/

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by icerat4 View Post
    We cant take care of our own here ..And now were going to get help over there....Here come all the relief scams etc....Come on Serious...As i do feel for the people and crap that happened.But the usa has enough issues that cant get attention...Im lost on this.....We cant deal with our own major problems .....And were going to fly over there and make it all better ...Once again i feel for the familys and lost life..But us helping ..What a joke.... Last time i checked we the usa were out of money and jobs...
    +1 Congrats on having the nuts to say it. Its too easy for others to jump on you with the whole "have compassion" angle. Who the hell sends the U.S. money? NO ONE!!!!

Haiti has worse problems than earthquakes. that place has been in turmoil for years..

Maybe we shoud take care of the homeless, hungry, aids infected, people on our own streets first. Just an idea.

+1
    The US has spent one billion dollars on this country in the last five years! Still unemployment is above 50% remind you of somewhere else? Iam like you guys I feel sorry for the people there but last I heard we are BROKE so money spent anywhere needs to help our own people first. That's right a major disaster here like the quake in Northern Califorina I don't see any other Country stepping up to offer us help! Iam tired of the hand outs let's start giving hand ups instead then were DONE!

I cant believe you guys really think what your saying! Do any of you know what its like to live in a small 3rd world country like Haiti? 90 percent of those people live in poverty their entire life. They have no opertunity to better them selvs. Probably less then .5 perfect of the population are able to get a proper education and have a normal life.

All this talk about we should help our own poor and homeless and hungry. Well we HAVE tons of programs to help our own unfortunate, but we have assholes in the ghettos working the dam system and draining all the money from those programs, so much so that their wont be any left for much longer.

Not to say that others dont work the system, I do as well, but taking from the government and taking from government mandated programs are two diffrent things.

At the same time our own so called hungry and homeless and unemployed have no one to blame their current statues on but themselvs. EVERYONE here has the same oppertunity if they want it it.

the hungry could very well find a job if they wanted to.. take a shower put on a clean shirt and go apply for a job at mcd's, wendy's, lawncare, warehouses, ect ect... there is always something to find if the effort and ambition is there.

the homeless have soup kitches, hehab centers to get them back on track, churches and government supplied housing to sleep in at night, at the end its their choice to do or not to do anything. obviously not all of them but atleast 90 percent

and the unemployed, well seriously, you had a job before, go find another one, sure you wont be making as much as you did before but there will always be a job to find. all depends on what your willing to settle at. I wouldnt want to go from 100k a year to 50k but if need be i would. and that should be the mentality of the the so called unemployed.

But no, they dont want to go work for 5 dollars an hour, they complain that the mexicans and other imigrants are stealing their jobs. Thats just called LAZY!

At the end of the day the person hiring those people that do work for 5 dollars and hour, they dont care who does it as long as its inexpensive.

Not to be raciest but I can care less who is mowing my lawn, painting my walls, digging my pool or washing my car, I dont care if you white, black, mexican, russian, asian, to a certain extent everything is going to get done the same way so whoever gives me the best price wins. and most of the time its going to be the immigrants cause they will work harder and longer and they understand what working means, hence they allways win the bid.

Plus I dont see any of you guys helping "our own" people, just saying not to help others. What Haiti just went through is horrible and they need all the help they can get. loosing 100k people is nothing pleasent. woman and children were also included in the count. A natural dissaster is not a war. they did not ask for this. they need doctors and medical supplies and food so more dont die!

+1 for helping haiti

+1
    I am not too worried about Cananda sending aid... Some of the pictures I see are horrific!! Picture yourself being trapped in an area 4x2 not being able to scratch your @ss knowing your family members around you could be in the same situation... Or worse!! I have no problem with us even running a deficit to help these people!! They don't have much if ANY heavy equipment to get them out... 9000 police officers (most of which are dead now) no real fire brigade.. They are helpless humans and no amount of $$$ should be an issue..

+1
    Blowbama just announced; $100 million in aid going to Haiti and they
    are sending the military, search and rescue, etc... let's pray for these folks, it's an ugly scene. This was a magnitude 7 quake. Here's a slide show to get a sense of the scale of damage:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...T2010011401110

Quote Originally Posted by powerdbygarrett View Post
    I cant believe you guys really think what your saying! Do any of you know what its like to live in a small 3rd world country like Haiti? 90 percent of those people live in poverty their entire life. They have no opertunity to better them selvs. Probably less then .5 perfect of the population are able to get a proper education and have a normal life.

All this talk about we should help our own poor and homeless and hungry. Well we HAVE tons of programs to help our own unfortunate, but we have assholes in the ghettos working the dam system and draining all the money from those programs, so much so that their wont be any left for much longer.

Not to say that others dont work the system, I do as well, but taking from the government and taking from government mandated programs are two diffrent things.

At the same time our own so called hungry and homeless and unemployed have no one to blame their current statues on but themselvs. EVERYONE here has the same oppertunity if they want it it.

the hungry could very well find a job if they wanted to.. take a shower put on a clean shirt and go apply for a job at mcd's, wendy's, lawncare, warehouses, ect ect... there is always something to find if the effort and ambition is there.

the homeless have soup kitches, hehab centers to get them back on track, churches and government supplied housing to sleep in at night, at the end its their choice to do or not to do anything. obviously not all of them but atleast 90 percent

and the unemployed, well seriously, you had a job before, go find another one, sure you wont be making as much as you did before but there will always be a job to find. all depends on what your willing to settle at. I wouldnt want to go from 100k a year to 50k but if need be i would. and that should be the mentality of the the so called unemployed.

But no, they dont want to go work for 5 dollars an hour, they complain that the mexicans and other imigrants are stealing their jobs. Thats just called LAZY!
    ............ ......
    +1 !
    Yes, we do have our own problems here, but we also have the resources to help most of those out here who need it. They have nothing over there.
    We're also not the only ones sending help.
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americ...aid/index.html
    Of course, we'll probably send the most and spend the most. We are the best Country in the world after all.

EDIT: Let's also not forget how helping in this situation will only help our SAR teams be that much better prepared for a disaster when one strikes here. Education and training exercises can only do so much. From the mobilization, logistics and actual search and rescue, all will benefit from a real world event like this. So while it may seem we are only helping them. We are actually also helping ourselves become better equipped to handle a situation like this back home. Invaluable lessons will be learned that no training or education could have ever imagined.

+1
    The best Country in the world yes and working our way to becoming the poorest! Ya 100 million and about 80% of that those poor people will never see because there corrupt goverment is worse than ours. You want to help send man power, equipment, supplys but the supplys you need to manage with the military so it ends up in the right hands don't send money the majority of it will be stolen!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information