Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

50# injector ( Riva & BOSCH )

What is the different between

Riva (Grey) and the BOSCH (Orange) , injector

any one try the new BOSCH ( working with RIVA ECU )

Thanks

Just tried a set of the orange ones and not sure who makes them since thewre is no name on them just a part number.Not sure if its just mine but could not use them.Ran way too rich and when i looked inside they looked bigger than my 60s.I am returning them and paying the extra for the riva 50s.

+1
    I couple of us had the same issue and it turned out that the injectors we recieved were actually 52s and flowed at 550cc and should have flowed around 525cc. Not a huge difference but makes a big difference at idle especialy when comparing to the riva 50s wich react very slow at 58lbs of pressure. The riva injectors are ok if you are running stock fuel pressure but if you plan on running higher than stock pressure they will lock . At idle the riva injectors actually get richer as you turn the pressure down and get leaner when you turn it up. They wont even spray any fuel at idle if turned above 65lbs .

Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    I couple of us had the same issue and it turned out that the injectors we recieved were actually 52s and flowed at 550cc and should have flowed around 525cc. Not a huge difference but makes a big difference at idle especialy when comparing to the riva 50s wich react very slow at 58lbs of pressure. The riva injectors are ok if you are running stock fuel pressure but if you plan on running higher than stock pressure they will lock . At idle the riva injectors actually get richer as you turn the pressure down and get leaner when you turn it up. They wont even spray any fuel at idle if turned above 65lbs .
    i have a MiniRude SC + RRFPR

what the Fuel pressure should i run ( 60 PSI or less ) with Bosh injector ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by red fox View Post
    i have a MiniRude SC + RRFPR

what the Fuel pressure should i run ( 60 PSI or less ) with Bosh injector ?
    I dont know. It depends on if the injectors and how they flow. If a true 50lb injector that flows about 525cc and a properly working rrfpr that rises 1:1 I would guess a base pressure around 55lbs but thats just a guess and you would need to check A/F to be certain. Too many variables to say for sure. Keyboard tuning is not my gig. I've tried and ussualy does'nt work out to well.
    I should also add that you should expect the bosch injectors to idle a little richer than the bosch due to the slow reaction on the riva's under pressure. The riva ecu is mapped for to compensate for that.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    i have a set of riva 50s bought then less than a month ago when i got my riva ecu...got a whopping 7 hours on them ...when i came into a rude 3.. and now i need 60s.. good deal for someone needing them ...

I dont know. It depends on if the injectors and how they flow. If a true 50lb injector that flows about 525cc and a properly working rrfpr that rises 1:1 I would guess a base pressure around 55lbs but thats just a guess and you would need to check A/F to be certain. Too many variables to say for sure. Keyboard tuning is not my gig. I've tried and ussualy does'nt work out to well.
    I should also add that you should expect the bosch injectors to idle a little richer than the bosch due to the slow reaction on the riva's under pressure. The riva ecu is mapped for to compensate for that.
    So , The BOSCH is the Best OR ......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by red fox View Post
    So , The BOSCH is the Best OR ......
    The best? I dont know if I would say that. I think it all really depends on your setup as to what works best for you. I found that the Riva style injectors seemed to work the best for me so far. I sold mine to use the BOSCH, which were actully 52's and ran way to rich and AF could not be dialed in properly, so I had to go back to the Riva style injectors. However they were just borrowed and now I have the BOSCH 50's, but since my ski is torn down I have not been able to try them out yet. You really need an O2 sensor installed and the use of an AF meter to tell how your ski is running. Speedski really knows his stuff but as he mentioned trying to dial a ski's AF in over the keyboard is near impossible. Hell, even over the phone is difficult enough. However you can be given good starting guidlines.

+1
    IMO, the bosch are a better injector. Especially if you intend to run high pressure. They are good to 90lbs. The rivas cant take the high pressure, especialy at idle. The riva ecu is mapped for the riva injectors so they tend to idle the best but thats about it. I would go for the bosch but make sure they are 50s and not 52s.

IMO, the bosch are a better injector. Especially if you intend to run high pressure. They are good to 90lbs. The rivas cant take the high pressure, especialy at idle. The riva ecu is mapped for the riva injectors so they tend to idle the best but thats about it. I would go for the bosch but make sure they are 50s and not 52s.
    i buy the injector from the 4-Tec
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1155

How can i know if that 50# or 52#

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information