+1

UMI Steering, anyone using the plastic cover that coveres up the "hole"?

Hey all,
    I use the steering cover that covers up the hole when you use this steering system. I however did not adhere it down properly. The Plastic was flapping around in the breeze while trailering and it cracked.

If anyone has had to replace theirs what did they have to remove to get the piece back around and over the bars to get it back on..? I'm guess ing that i can just loosen up the bars and kinda finagle it that way. I dont want to have to take the whole steering system apart to get it installed.

Thanks.

Yep ya goofed.

I have tried but the best way is to either get under the shaft and remove that one bolt and slide it up or remove the 4 bolts on the neck and slide it off there.

Its a pain but worth doing it right in the end.

+1

Smile

Skips,

I knew that this was gonna bite me in the Ass sooner or later. "i'll do it when i'm done with this ride i promise i will"

Haulin Ass on the water she never flipped up! but on the last ride of the season too..(actually to the shop for winterization) this happens!!

I wont fret over it now i'll wait till spring. I'll call riva and see if they still sell this thing it was only $30.I'll refer back to this when the temp rises

Thanks for the reply Skips..

how about some steering opinions. Macc Racing vs. TBM vs. UMI????????

+1
    Well I can't speak about the other systems because i dont have them, but i like the UMI because it looked the easiest to install.The person who installed it said it was a good system. I know i have not been much of a help, but not knowing too too much about this system i cannot comment.
    I can tell you that i was hoping that it was not the most expensive,but naturally i'm wrong. I think the TBM system uses the 2 tubes on the ski.

I think in one of the Ski mags they also reccomended the UMI. I have seen plenty of the TBM's.. on my ski as well.. I think it might come down to(i hate to say it) personal choice.
    I dont know ANYTHING about theMacc system.I have seen threads on here though

Hey you fix it yet and can you share how you did with maybe some pics?

+1

Smile

Hey Skip,
    I'll be happy to! and yes with Pictures.BUT I wont be anywhere Close to the Storage place till the Spring time!This is one of the problems with living on the east coast.Damn winter gets in the way.

I Looked on the Riva site not too long ago , I could not find the replacement part. I hope they still sell it.If they Dont... I still have the broken piece. I might have to use it in a pinch. I knew that this was gonna bite me in the ass.... DAMN! it bothers me for being so Lazy and forgetful.
    I think i might have posted here somewhere when i had the steering all done nice, before it cracked. I have copies on my computer sowhere too.

Betch yer ass when i get it repaired i'll button it down.
    Sorry i wish i could do it sooner.

Thread Information