Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Recommended Yamaha Dealers

Saw this over on the seadoo side and it has been very effective. That being said, no need to reinvent the wheel here. Thank you to H2HO for the idea.

"A lot of us here in the Greenhulk community do not require dealer assistance with repairing and servicing our Yamaha watercrafts. However, a lot of us here, do require assistance, whether it is warranty, 10 hour service, major overhaul, or a simple service. I see a lot of threads which complain about many dealers and are happy with some. Therefore I would like to start a thread which pinpoints "Recommended Yamaha Dealers" in your area to prevent new people to PWC or new people in a new area/city to go to the right dealer.

Please make your post short and simple with location, name of dealer, rating= good, fair or poor only, and a short comment."

Example:

Dealer: Action Marine (renamed to Lakeview marine)
    Rating: Poor
    Comment: Damage to ski, poor quality work, unfriendly

Please be honest and fair.
    Stick to the format and I will update this thread on a daily basis.
    Thank You.

Alabama:

Arizona
    :

California
    :

Canada
    :

Connecticut
    :

Dealer: Connecticut Power and Sport
    Rating: Good
    Comment: Ask for Mark (the owner). Professional and easy to work with. Did not have service done there so I can't comment on that.

Delaware
    :

Florida
    :
    Dealer Central Florida
    Comment: great prices Location: Pompano Beach

Dealer: Riva Motorsports
    Comment: Riva will take my ski in faster than any dealer, fix it quickly and put up with my shit….Example: Pump shoe replacement- 1 1/2 days, Stage III install- 2 days W/ testing, Motor mount and Carbon seal- 1 day

Dealer: Riva Miami
    Rating: excellent
    Comment: Helped me with a parts order, friendly, knowledgeable

Dealer: Riva Superstore (Ponpano)
    Rating: Excellent
    Comment: Ordered a part, received the wrong part, Riva sent me the corrected part that week and paid my return shippping
    Georgia:

Indiana:

Kansas
    :

Kentucky
    :

Louisiana
    :

Maine
    :

Maryland
    :

Massachusetts
    :

Dealer Doug Russell
    Comment: mainly a seadoo dealer, but sells yamaha parts. The parts people are good in my experience. Never used their service/ sales dept

Dealer: Parkway Cycle
    Comment: Quality workmanship, professional, no BS, well run business

Dealer: Action Marine (renamed to Lakeview marine)
    Rating: Poor
    Comment: Damage to ski, poor quality work, unfriendly, liars

Michigan
    :

Mississippi
    :

Missouri
    :

Nevada
    :

New Hampshire
    :

New Jersey
    :

New Mexico
    :

New York
    :

North Carolina
    :

Ohio
    :

Pennsylvania
    :

Rhode Island
    :

South Carolina
    :

Tennessee
    :

Location: Cookeville , Tennessee 38501. 1191 South Walnut Ave. Phone #931-528-5504
    Dealer: Mid-State Motorsports (Yamaha- Kawasaki dealer)
    Comment: Great people to deal with! Owner is also a avid PWC rider. Worth the drive to deal with these good people!

Texas
    :

Dealer: Central Yamaha
    Rating: Fair
    Comment: Good initial purchase experience. Make sure what you get and what you pay is very clear. Make sure promises are documented. Cannot speak to service.

Virginia
    :

West Virginia
    :
    Last edited by mikeFZR; 10-31-2011 at 10:22 PM.

+1
    sticky?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mazy View Post
    sticky?
    Cleaned and stuck

Banned User
    +1
    Doh!! Sorry, didn't see that it was for yamaha before posting. Mod's please delete.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Cleaned and stuck
    thanks

FLORIDA
    Central florida
    Good
    great prices

+1
    At the Yamaha Jet Boaters site, http://yamahajetboaters.com, we have wrestled with this idea for some time. We still haven't come up with a solution that we believe is fair to everyone involved. It's simply too easy for a dealer to post high ratings for his own dealership. Likewise, it's too easy for an owner to trash a dealer because they won't replace a dinged up decal under warranty.

We considered the objective route, i.e., how much did they charge for a 10-hour inspection, how much for an oil change, what is their hourly labor rate, was the boat ready when promised after repair, etc. A system like this would tend to weed out personal bias, but would still require a lot of monitoring by moderators.

Our goal was really not to trash bad dealers, but to bring them up to the standards of service that we expect. We envisioned giving really good dealers some type of award or plaque that they could display that would state that they had met the standards of our independent organization. Can you imagine a Yamaha factory rep stopping at a dealer and seeing a plaque on the wall recognizing that dealer for outstanding customer service--and the award was from customers??? Think the word would spread? Think other dealers might get motivated to do better?

Unfortunately, we still haven't implemented such a plan. Too much time (and money) involved. We know that Yamaha monitors our site frequently, and they've actually asked us to participate by providing testimonials for their ad campaigns. I would hope that they would let us get involved in evaluating their dealers for them. Unfortunately, they don't seem to care about service. I'd bet money that Mother Yamaha monitors this site, too.

By the way, we have one dealer member, Yamaha of Panama, Florida, that has really gone out of their way to be helpful. They have provided dozens of video clips covering such things as engine flushing, docking, winterization, etc., that our members have found very helpful. I know that this has brought them business from our board members. It's too bad that we can't work with more dealers to get the kind of service that is needed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    At the Yamaha Jet Boaters site, http://yamahajetboaters.com, we have wrestled with this idea for some time. We still haven't come up with a solution that we believe is fair to everyone involved. It's simply too easy for a dealer to post high ratings for his own dealership. Likewise, it's too easy for an owner to trash a dealer because they won't replace a dinged up decal under warranty.

We considered the objective route, i.e., how much did they charge for a 10-hour inspection, how much for an oil change, what is their hourly labor rate, was the boat ready when promised after repair, etc. A system like this would tend to weed out personal bias, but would still require a lot of monitoring by moderators.

Our goal was really not to trash bad dealers, but to bring them up to the standards of service that we expect. We envisioned giving really good dealers some type of award or plaque that they could display that would state that they had met the standards of our independent organization. Can you imagine a Yamaha factory rep stopping at a dealer and seeing a plaque on the wall recognizing that dealer for outstanding customer service--and the award was from customers??? Think the word would spread? Think other dealers might get motivated to do better?

Unfortunately, we still haven't implemented such a plan. Too much time (and money) involved. We know that Yamaha monitors our site frequently, and they've actually asked us to participate by providing testimonials for their ad campaigns. I would hope that they would let us get involved in evaluating their dealers for them. Unfortunately, they don't seem to care about service. I'd bet money that Mother Yamaha monitors this site, too.

By the way, we have one dealer member, Yamaha of Panama, Florida, that has really gone out of their way to be helpful. They have provided dozens of video clips covering such things as engine flushing, docking, winterization, etc., that our members have found very helpful. I know that this has brought them business from our board members. It's too bad that we can't work with more dealers to get the kind of service that is needed.
    I see 100% where your coming from. Everyone is going to be a little bias but by having a basic list like this I think it could help people narrow down their choice of dealer.

I think that we "hulksters" have an obligation that if you do decide to post about a dealer to be truthful. Whether that happens or not I cannot say but I would hope that people have the integrity to do so.

The seadoo thread that I took the idea from has been very successful and if some more people post on this thread I think it can be just as successful.

+1
    Can I recommend myself??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH. View Post
    Can I recommend myself??
    As long as everything is honest I don't see why not. Others that have used you can also post. The more posts, the more accuracy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information