Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NJ PWC DEATH LAST WEEKEND

Just read this over at the Riva forum. Anybody in South Jersey heard about this...Pale Rider?

A friend and I came around the corner of a creek off of a main channel near Ocean City NJ to find pieces of broken PWC in the water. There were 2 badly injured persons and 1 dead as a result of a head on collision coming around a corner. We called 911 and assisted in bringing medical attention from land out into the marshes before the Coast Guard arrived.

This was a terrible reminder to stay to the right especially when visibility is limited.

I do not know the status of the other 2 that were injured, but I hope everything turns out OK for them. IF anyone knows these gus I would like to know how things turned out for them

Bob

ram: a friend of mine called me at work to tell me this. I don`t know who they are...it has been a bad year for PWC`s. Hope the other 2 people are ok...PR...

+1
    how sad.......

+1
    Here is last years PWC stats....

http://myfwc.com/law/boating/2005Sta...dentsPart6.pdf

I hope this year is not worse.....it seems like it though

I know this area pretty well...each year I spend a week down there running those marshes and going out at Corsons. A couple of year's back I almost collided with another ski coming in the other direction and at the time I had two of my kids on the back. This really blows for all the families.

I was fallowing as 2 75mph stage 2 rxp almost hit head on last year and wot scared me and i was way behind when it happened. be carful everyone

Can you believe I had some jacka$$ on a ski heading right for me, in the wrong side of the channel! Where do these people get their brains from???...PR...

If I ever ride in the marshes I first ride slow through them to make sure there are no boats, swimmers or other people flying around then I ride fast.

Today I saw a child (girl about 12 years of age) behind the helm of a 27ft cruiser. Even thought the father was right behind her, she didn`t know what to do, while I was behind them. even though I was not close enough for panic, she totally went to the other side of the channel to go under the GSP bridge, that`s a no no...If your not licensed you don`t belong behind the wheel...PR...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information