+1

Waveblaster refuses to shutdown!

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has come across this. I have a waveblaster 701cc engine that I have just resurrected. It was winterized but I managed to start it up - only problem is I can't shut it down! Stop button no good, lanyard out no good. The only way I can stop it is by yanking the plug leads. I first thought there may be a problem with the stop button/lanyard button but it won't crank if I try to start it with lanyard in and stop button pressed at the same time. I have heard of engines having massive compression due to carbon build up and difficult to turn off. My engine tests at 150/145 respectively which is kinda high so wondering if this may be the problem.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Banned User
    it obviously doesnt want to be put away, get out and ride it!!!
    But I would have to say there is something wrong with the button. If it was revving to the moon and wouldnt stop I would say its out of oil and getting so hot that it is deisiling..but that doesnt sound like the case, you got something going on with your button or the wiring going to the button.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by henn View Post
    it obviously doesnt want to be put away, get out and ride it!!!
    But I would have to say there is something wrong with the button. If it was revving to the moon and wouldnt stop I would say its out of oil and getting so hot that it is deisiling..but that doesnt sound like the case, you got something going on with your button or the wiring going to the button.
    I thought that at first, yeah it is kinda strange most folks with problems can't get their ski's started If the problem was the stop button I would expect to be able to start the thing without the lanyard to prove the theory but not so. Is there a basic test to confirm if the stop button is faulty by running a test lamp?

+1
    does it run at idle or is it a runaway? I would start by checking the engine to battery ground and make sure all other wires that go to ground are making good connection.

+1
    and just to add. your compression is normal stock compression for that motor.

+1
    Yes it runs at idle, it's not a runaway 7,000 rpm dieseling type issue. Grounding seems all ok I checked that, as mentioned I can't start the ski if I hold down the stop button. Stop button seems inactive after the engine is running. I'm shutting it down by using excess choke at the moment.

Does anyone know how I test the stop button, and what it actually does in terms of killing the spark perhaps I can get to the bottom of it.

Thanks for the responses!

Thread Information