Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

a third bilge pump, where?

Gents ,i want to add a third electric Rule bilge pump in my ski.I show in pic where i like to put it,under the shaft housing on the other side of the siphon bilge. Would i just add a Y fitting that ties the siphon bilge in or can someone recommend a better place for the third bilge,somewhere towards the back i would assume,thanksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00331.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	419.9 KB 
ID:	168094

+1
    uhm....just asking....do you take on that much water? in the event there is a massive water intrusion, 3 still won't keep up. Just asking. I've sufficed for years with just one. JUst ensure you utilize good hose clamps, use good quality rubber hoses like the RIVA hoses (St. Gobain) and perform regular PM on your craft to check these things prior to the ride of every season and the middle of the season. All the vibration these two strokes endure, they need it.

now, if you are talking on alot of water, you need to find out the source and stop it.
    If you are taking on lots of water from your vents, I would install some flowrite vent material to help prevent the instrusion.

+1

3rd bilge

no , not at all Billy,after riding last season the hull at the end of the day was practically dry, but my set up is more "open" now, the cowlings are cut open, i pefer the glass,but there are hot days you want to just play in the surf like we all do once in a while, i figure it could'nt hurt to have a third bilge, right?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    no , not at all Billy,after riding last season the hull at the end of the day was practically dry, but my set up is more "open" now, the cowlings are cut open, i pefer the glass,but there are hot days you want to just play in the surf like we all do once in a while, i figure it could'nt hurt to have a third bilge, right?
    no, it won't hurt, not at all. But reading that are you near the surf, I can see where this can be a concern.

+1
    I've run surf practically my entire life off and on, and I don't think I've ever seen 3 pumps on a ski. Even my kids old superjet which takes on a LOT of water subbing and whatnot only ran one pump. Rule 500's are a joke when it comes to really getting rid of water BTW...
    Dave, keep it simple. If your dying to rely on electric pumps upgrade the 500's to at least 800's and better yet, 1100's. Look into Versiplugs http://www.pwcdoctor.net/ The guy who makes them is right in your back yard and you'll find them on most of our skis. They work....period.
    Believe it or not the stock bailer system also does a good job too.

Personally, I'd set a gpr up for surf with one single 1100 electric pump and a set of versiplugs and be done with it.
    Doug

+1
    Dave... Get back on the meds bro... The plugs that Doug mentioned above are great for surf riding and ive had them on every gpr ive owned... Just dont leave zip tie fragments in your hull.. 3 pumps is pointless...
    The Versi plugs and stock pump should be enough. I wouldnt even run 2 pumps but what I might do is unwire the stock one from the harness and put it on a switch so you have on and off controll.. This is all unneccisary time and money.. Ive ridden in HUGE surf with my gpr which has quite a bit of vent holes in it and have never had a problem... Ive filled the hull up with water a few times over the years as well and the versi pluggs drain it quick. This is without the syphon bilge too keep in mind... 1 pump and Versi plugs and your good to go.. I have a friend who gets the plugs real cheap too so ill reach out and see what he can do. Locals usually get the "giid guy" deal..

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    spy photos of Dave's new bilge pump setup???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post

Wtf is that?? It look almost as busy a Wfo nos set up but not nearly as fun... What you guys dont have sump pumps Billy?

+1

versiplugs

thanks, but versiplugs would'nt really work for me, as they highly recommend having them not sit below the waterline for more than an hr. I dock as long as 2-3 hrs in sandyhook for food and what not. To switch temporary back to the oem plugs is a PITA,BUT THAT'S ME.I'M going to put a 360 rule bilge to replace the silphon, and see how that works, thanks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information