fabrication guru rapidacceleration's Avatar
    +1

supercharged 4-tec XPL test run video's

well today was the big day for the monster. and man does it flys. about 2 mph faster then a stock rxp 215hp but way more acceleration . I can get the holeshot every time. and its only a stock 185 4tec outa a gtx. everything went great on the tests. I need to change the prop to a bit steeper pitch for a bit more on top. im hitting the rev limiter with the 16-21 3 blade scat i got on there now. maybe some carbon fiber to shave off a few pounds.i also need to switch to the lower thermostat and add the BOV.
    ill post GPS numbers later in the week.

heres the videos

http://www.rapidacceleration.com/ima...test%20day.htm

+1
    I can't wait to hear what that xpl is running. I'm glad everything went good and those videos are awesome . I'm glad no one on my lake has one of those

+1
    I love it.. How hard is it to get at things on the motor??...And when are you going to start adding aftermarket parts to the motor??
    I would be carefull with a 3 blade prop on that motor though unless you have a coupler to absorb the vibration...I have seen 3 blades shatter stock driveshafts...
    AWSOME JOB!!!!
    I WANT ONE!!!

+1
    working on it is crazy, everything had a exact order to assemble it, of course it took alot of "oh shit thats in my ways" before i figured out what sequence to follow to get to different parts of the motor/drivetrain. next week im switching to the lower thermostat and well it going to take the whole weekend probly. the pump,driveshafts,seat supports,entire seat assemby,heat exchanger,and right bubble will have to be removed just to get to it. it was all worth it in the end. me and this ski have a lot of history and good memorys so i couldn't just lay it to rest after 7 years. It just needed a slight upgrade
    I will be building possibly a stage 2 motor this winter for a swapout. ive design this craft from the beginning to have a external intercooler tucked in the back right ,and a spot for a little something special on the other side.

heres a link to the build and techs
    http://www.rapidacceleration.com/xpl4tec1.htm

+1
    Outstanding. Nice work!!

I am so glad to hear you finally got it in the water. That thing is sooooooooo SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET

I gotta ask just how you came across the complete engine/computer/wiring out of a GTX. Was it crashed?

+1
    Ebay- it was in a trailering crash. the trailer was t boned by a car and threw the ski off the trailer on it side. all the glass was smashed and the hood and gauges also. had to find the gauges seperatly. i wish it was the 215hp instead of the 185 but now that its all in there and the fabercation is done it would be easy to switch out the motor later for a built 215 stage 2 or stage 3 motor. then its domination time
    im working on buying a carbon fiber hood and seat now to lighten it up a bit more. and still need to tweek the pump a bit. ill have GPS numbers later in the week.
    It will be at the mudbug making its apperance in october.

+1
    It's really great to see that you accomplished what Bombardier attempted to do. They gave up too easily, you stuck with it.

Great Job !!!!

Richard

WOW

I am impressed !!!! very nice mate

Thread Information