Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Somebody give me a paper cut and pour lemon juice on it!!!

It was a fun and hassle free riding season until my last four trips to the water...
    Two weekends ago my 98 GSXL started filling up with water. Got her on the trailer and she was about 1/4 filled with water. Cause: clamp came off the drive shaft boot. VTS stopped working - probably water screwed up the VTS motor.

The following Monday. Took 98 GSXL out again and couldn't get her to run - must be water in the gas. While getting a tow, a guy runs into my leg with another ski. Put her on trailer and she is still taking on water for some reason.

The following Saturday. Took my RXP out. 15 minutes into the ride the display starts going buzzurk and beeping at me so I shut her down. Try to restart...nothing. Once I got over the humiliation of being towed by a Yamaha I spent 2 hours trying to find a battery. Four places that should have had one - nothing. Borrowed a friend's battery and she was good to go. Went out again, rode about 20 miles and submarined the RXP, ingesting water into the motor. Took plugs out and pumped out tons of water but since there was water in the oil we towed it in. Got her home and did 8-9 oil changes and got her back on the water on the next Monday.

That Monday (last Monday). Took the RXP out on the water. Motor is fine but she only runs at 6700 rpms. Supercharger is blown. Almost forgot about this part...got home, had my Suburban parked in the street, and a neighbor backs into it...$1000 in damage!

Today (Saturday). Stopped by the repair shop to check on my RXP. I've got my 4-place trailer with me. While negotiating the parking lot I bumped the tongue of a boat trailer with my trailer, nicking up my trailer, but even worse the boat trailer (and boat on it) starts rolling backward and slams into another boat! And to top that off as I'm getting ready to leave the shop I notice that there is a "hiss" coming from one of my trailer tires. Somehow, a very large screw with a blunt end (no point on it all) had punctured one of my trailer tires! And as if that wasn't enough, the guy who won the bid on my ski on ebay called me tonight and said his truck engine went out on him so he can't buy my ski since he has to buy another truck now!
    All I can do is laugh now, and I thought some of you would get a good laugh out of all this too.
    Last edited by JAG; 09-03-2006 at 01:29 PM.

Jeezo man! and I thought I live in a world of Sh!t!

well now you are caught up to the rest of us who belong to the blown SC club ...PR...

BTW: are you the same JAG who was on SDN???

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    Jeezo man! and I thought I live in a world of Sh!t!

well now you are caught up to the rest of us who belong to the blown SC club ...PR...

I imagine ingesting water that is 8x denser than air through the supercharger can cause it to take a crap! Yep, I'm in the club now!!!

Yep, here a JAG, there a JAG, everywhere a JAG JAG.......eieio!

Yep, he's the same one. I have been trying to hook up with him for a few months and can't find the time. Will probably be in December when we have to wear the full 5 mil wet suits.

well glad to see ya here Jag! I`ve seen quite a few of your posts on the other forum, but haven`t been on there in a loooong while...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil
    Yep, he's the same one. I have been trying to hook up with him for a few months and can't find the time. Will probably be in December when we have to wear the full 5 mil wet suits.
    Jay...let's compare ride plans and see if we can hook up BEFORE it snows!

September 9 - Maryland Seafood Festival at Sandy Point at the Annapolis bridge over the bay.

September 22 - Lake Anna, meeting some other board members there to show them around.

well glad to see ya here Jag! I`ve seen quite a few of your posts on the other forum, but haven`t been on there in a loooong while...PR...
    Thanks PR! I benefit from both sites... I remember you from loooong ago!

+1
    Oh **** what is that off in the distance oh man dont worry thats just jag underneath that big dark cloud in the ski!
    Man I hope your life gets better before you depart it someday

Quote Originally Posted by oklagp1200r
    Oh **** what is that off in the distance oh man dont worry thats just jag underneath that big dark cloud in the ski!
    Man I hope your life gets better before you depart it someday
    LOL! At least I know my life will be better when I do depart it! BTW, I grew up in Oklahoma - spent 31 years there until moving to VA 5 years ago. Where do you live?

+1

Red face

DANg ! now thats a story !

Its good though you are able to chock it up and apply humor to the situation.

Sorry to hear about your blues, but it too shall pass.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information