Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can I bolt on a supercharger to a rxp 155hp engine?

Just wanting to know if I can bolt on a supercharger to a rxp 155 hp engine. And if I can , do I have to buy anything else for it like bigger injectors or change the ecu.

the search button is your friend. welcome to the forum.

canadian iceman
    +1
    i think you COULD bolt it to the case...but you wouldn't want to do that ...they(rotax) use different pistons and components internally...and the rear pto housing is different so that would have to be swapped...way too much work and engine wouldn't live...imo

+1
    The 155 PTO housing does not have the hole for the SC to slide into...

You would need a PTO housing, PTO gasket, PTO bolts, pistons, rings, arms, circlips, double-row gear/flywheel, head gasket, head bolts, fuel pressure regulator, supercharger (with a minimum of new aftermarket washers), 215 intake manifold with intercooler, driveshaft, pump wear ring, prop, oil, oil filter, plugs, piston ring clamp, a couple locking tools, coolant and a number of hours of research (SEARCH button) and labor. Thats just to get it to a 215 status and does not consider supercharger, intercooler, fuel pressure regulator, injectors or air intake upgrades that may require pump intake and impeller upgrades.

Options:
    1) Sell the 155 engine (possibly the entire ski) and replace with a 215 engine (or 215 ski). Hopefully you could sell the 155 engine for $1,200 or so, then buy a complete 215 engine for $2,500 so you are out of pocket $1,300

2) Buy the parts listed above and be out of pocket $2,500 + (new parts) if not a bit more, not considerring the time you will SEARCH and labor.

When you use the SEARCH, you will find the concensus of the forum is to sell the ski (or engine, depending on your mechanical abilities) and buy the replacement. The upgrade from 185 to 215 is expensive enough...155 to 215 would be rediculous.

...And welcome.

--Jeremy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 12rxp View Post
    Just wanting to know if I can bolt on a supercharger to a rxp 155 hp engine. And if I can , do I have to buy anything else for it like bigger injectors or change the ecu.
    welcome to the forum!

Install a 185 flywheel/PTO cover and SC with an external inter cooler, and a rrfpr with a BEGI and you should be good to go. I had a big long explanation typed up, but went to spell check, and it dissapeared... So this is all you get for now If you serious about trying it, start looking for these parts, and I'll explain further. Your biggest problem is going to be tuning. but using a 185 flywheel/SC with external IC should keep your intake charge temps low, which is a MUST to keep the high compression cast pistons from melting. An intake manifold from a 185/215 would make plumbing easier, but you could probably use the 155 intake manifold, just would take alot of intake/charge pipe plumbing.

Could buy the whole electronics from a Charged version, depending on the year. The 07 has diff OPS setup, TOPS etc.

Wire the thing accordingly, PTO cover, fly-wheel etc, etc...

Could be costly in the long run, as they seem to be priced to negate this option.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by boostaholic View Post
    Install a 185 flywheel/PTO cover and SC with an external inter cooler, and a rrfpr with a BEGI and you should be good to go. I had a big long explanation typed up, but went to spell check, and it dissapeared... So this is all you get for now If you serious about trying it, start looking for these parts, and I'll explain further. Your biggest problem is going to be tuning. but using a 185 flywheel/SC with external IC should keep your intake charge temps low, which is a MUST to keep the high compression cast pistons from melting. An intake manifold from a 185/215 would make plumbing easier, but you could probably use the 155 intake manifold, just would take alot of intake/charge pipe plumbing.
    I'm not sure a rrfpr and BEGI would be required...just the 185 fpr with a OEM SC. 185 may be more cost effective than 215, but...ah, nevermind...I'll let you just guess what was in his original post.

Are we sure the 155's don't have the same flywheel as the 185? Would be interesting to know.

If you want a 185 hp flywheel (and maybe a 185 fpr), I have one that I can make a nice deal on.

+1
    Don't worry about your pistons! They are just fine with even a X SCer installed. Infact I have converted a 185SCed ski to a monster X SCer intercooler and 42's and she runs awesome. Yes the flywheel had to be changed, but the pistons are solid.

Ask Rapid (Dan) on this site. He has a 2rude on his stock cast pistons.
    People get all worked up about the cast pistons, but truth of the matter is they are good for alot of power. If you fuel them correctly.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Don't worry about your pistons! They are just fine with even a X SCer installed. Infact I have converted a 185SCed ski to a monster X SCer intercooler and 42's and she runs awesome. Yes the flywheel had to be changed, but the pistons are solid.

Ask Rapid (Dan) on this site. He has a 2rude on his stock cast pistons.
    People get all worked up about the cast pistons, but truth of the matter is they are good for alot of power. If you fuel them correctly.
    Sundance (Ray) is working his decently too, right.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information