Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Need help wiring LC-1 to square guage

I have th Innovate LC-1 with the dynotune red square guage kit. The kit I've had for years, and had working on the ski before. When the o2 sensor died last time, I found the J-pipe had cracked internally, and took out the sensor, so I disconnected the system for a few years, got a new J-pipe etc...

I now added more mods, and a new o2 sensor tapped into the exhaust manifold.
    I tried to wire it back the way the instructions say to, but the guage just reads 00.0 all the time running or not. I have the push button, and the led installed also, but the LED broke, so I can't tell if it is working properly or not. I tested the guage as per the instructions, and it shows good. I also hooked my o2 sensor to Breon's LC-1 in his ski, and fired mine up, and my o2 sensor works correctly on his display . (he has the round guage with different color coded wires).
    So can anyone with the square dynotune square guage tell me what color wire from the guage goes to what color wire on the LC-1 controller?

Thanks in advance, Jason

+1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	www_dynotunenitrous_co___20FUEL RATIO WIDEBAND.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	505.9 KB 
ID:	168249  
    Attached Files Attached Files

+1
    Yea, i have those, and that's how mine is wired, but It still dosent read anything else than 00.0.

I have tried to connect the laptop to the LC-1, and I can't connect to it. I have to use a USB to serial adapter, and it dosent connect for some reason.

can anyone varify that this is exactly how theirs is wired (color to color)?

+1
    Mine is wired like the diagram. Try removing the LED it may be shorting to ground.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    jason just a thought can you hook the lap top up to the lc1 and see if the lc1 is working>>>buy using the laptop as the guage...just a thought if you dont get it ...maybe wednesday night you can bring it down and we can sort it all out..and rewire everyting nice..even ig you get it working we can still get it all re wired nice..i have everyting we need

+1
    The laptop won't connect with it. I'm gonna drag the desktop comp. to the garage, and try to bypass the serial adapter that I need for the laptop to connect, to eliminate if that is my connecting problem.If it still won't connect, than maybe the LC-1 is bad??

Breon, after I get it working properly, we can re-do everything all nice and purty

+1
    Well it still won't connect with the serial cable directly to the desktop computer.

Now what??

+1
    Sheesh. I'm at a loss, man. I am searching my own LC-1 probs...brand new unit. hooked it up and getting error code 2 (2 flashes) saying bad O2 sensor. I haven't turned the engine over but can't get the AFR gauge to read anything but 50.0.

Back to the drawing board.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    Well it still won't connect with the serial cable directly to the desktop computer.

Now what??

Do you have the unit powered up while its hooked up to the computer?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Do you have the unit powered up while its hooked up to the computer?

yes, I've tried it both ways...on, and off . The terminator plug is in the "in" stereo cable, and hooked the computer to the "out" side, and still won't connect. Even tried the log works 3 software for a newer program, and still no go.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information