Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1

Battery Core Value?

I have about 5 non working batteries that I tried to revive by adding a bit of water and charging them with a pretty cool tender I bought that lets you know the voltage, battery %, and tells you if the battery is bad.

well anyways this year most of the batteries just decided to quit, and just stop holding charge.

I need to know a good place where I can get some good core $$value$$$ and get a battery at less price.

The best oldest battery I have that I think its one hell of a battery it came off my honda, I believe its a Yuasa. Thats one tough battery lasted 5 years, without any service.

Sorriest battery is the one that came off the 1 1/2 year old JOHN DEERE tractor p.s. Its out of warranty.

good question...
    I usually just take the spent batteries to the recycling yard. I didnt tink you could get any credit for used battery in these days...

+1
    I give mine to the Interstate guy when I am work.

Car batt- $10
    Smaller tractor battery... like in a Sears or JD- $5 (Size SP15, SP20, SP30,35,40 etc)
    Small motorcycle battery- $3

This what they get when they turn them in to Johnson Controls (Who owns Interstate, Optima, etc)

You won't get those prices I stated above, but some distributors will give you maybe half that.

Just ask around at a large battery dealer (Ind. shop, etc)

+1
    we give 3 for just some random core, its 13 if your buying a new one.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NJJer View Post
    I give mine to the Interstate guy when I am work.

Car batt- $10
    Smaller tractor battery... like in a Sears or JD- $5 (Size SP15, SP20, SP30,35,40 etc)
    Small motorcycle battery- $3

This what they get when they turn them in to Johnson Controls (Who owns Interstate, Optima, etc)

You won't get those prices I stated above, but some distributors will give you maybe half that.

Just ask around at a large battery dealer (Ind. shop, etc)

Ditto. There is an Interstate store on College street right by a couple of boat shops. Take them there next time your in town.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    Ditto. There is an Interstate store on College street right by a couple of boat shops. Take them there next time your in town.
    This is is great thread I have about 6 batts that are dead. Need to get rid of them. Lee

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    I heard something like that on an ad, But I went to their site and it doesnt say they will pay or anything, they will recycle it for free though. But I also heard Wally world will pay $13 if you are buying a new battery. I have one of their batteries and its been good so far, and plus they carry some of the bigger batteries autozone does not have, I had a hard time, with them once, I bought a batt that was designed for my ski, but when I filled it and charge it, it could hardly even turn my ski over, so I became stranded in the water more than twice, I would walk into autozone wet, and raise hell.

Later I realized that due to the high compression heads I have it was having a hard time but still. So i bought a bigger battery at walmart, and it fixed my problem.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sfackett0 View Post
    we give 3 for just some random core, its 13 if your buying a new one.
    Where is this at?!!!?! $13 dollars is $13 dollars! specially in these hard times.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post
    I heard something like that on an ad, But I went to their site and it doesnt say they will pay or anything, they will recycle it for free though. But I also heard Wally world will pay $13 if you are buying a new battery. I have one of their batteries and its been good so far, and plus they carry some of the bigger batteries autozone does not have, I had a hard time, with them once, I bought a batt that was designed for my ski, but when I filled it and charge it, it could hardly even turn my ski over, so I became stranded in the water more than twice, I would walk into autozone wet, and raise hell.

Later I realized that due to the high compression heads I have it was having a hard time but still. So i bought a bigger battery at walmart, and it fixed my problem.
    i think it's only $7 for a core..i bought the battery and forgot my core they gave me 30 days to bring it in to get a $7 discount

I think sears automotive gives $15 for a core when you're buying a new battery.... It's $10 or $15 I don't remember. The DieHard's work great in the skis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information