Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GPS mount?

GPS mount?

I need a mount for a garmin etrex..... what are you guys using and where did you get it.... anyone know what kinda mount this is? Thanks.

Jerry?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxxp4.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	628.2 KB 
ID:	7564
    Last edited by RxPrider; 09-04-2006 at 04:32 PM.

RAM Garmin eTrex Handlebar Rail mount. Check google, RAM GPS mounts. I like mine a lot.
    Last edited by RXP-REX; 03-26-2010 at 11:33 AM.

Here you go.....

Here you go, this is the best deal I seen, I just bought one....

http://cgi.ebay.com/RAM-B-149Z-GA5-G...QQcmdZViewItem

If you have a diferent GPS click on sellers other Items he has a lot of them at great prices....

I like the ram mount but I'm trying to find one that will some how attach to the glove box lid like a suction cup or something......If I can't find one I'll probaly go with that one.Thanks guys.

Ok then go with the bycicle handle bar mount from Garmin, and pull the pin out drill a hole on the side that does not have one and there you go put two holes in the glove box use stainless screws and you got a nice mount, I just think the Ram is a better set up.....

Quote Originally Posted by RxPrider
    I like the ram mount but I'm trying to find one that will some how attach to the glove box lid like a suction cup or something......If I can't find one I'll probaly go with that one.Thanks guys.
    I was going to do that, but I found that my setup was easier to see while in the superman position.

It's all about personal preference.

I think if you wanted you could just get the clip that holds the GPS (like $7) go to the hardware find some bolts that are long enough and mount it to the top of the glove box. Or just get some good velcro and put it on the clip and glovev box.

V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    +1
    I just put the GPS's strap thru the little dock hook thingies on the side of the steering and then cut three pices of 1 inch velcro put the three of one side (Soft Fuzzy) on my glove box and the other three on the GPS.

Has worked like a charm for a year and half.

if it came undone the strap thru the dock hook things prevents flying away (backup plan)
    Last edited by meirvin; 09-04-2006 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meirvin
    I just put the GPS's strap thru the little dock hook thingies on the side of the steering and then cut three pices of 1 inch velcro put the three of one side (Soft Fuzzy) on my glove box and the other three on the GPS.

Has worked like a charm for a year and half.

if it came undone the strap thru the dock hook things prevents flying away (backup plan)
    I like that Idea, I've got some left over velcro and it would be easy to remove. Thanks alot.

RAM mounts

Hi guys (and gals), I'm new to this site, but I am the West Coast Rep for probably the biggest RAM dealer in the country. You can go to ebatterytech dot com and check out our information there. Call in your order and tell them Mike at Battery-Tech West said I promised you a deal on the mount and they should help you out. We have a u-bolt that should go around the handlebar fine. You want the metal balls (no wise crack here) instead of the plastic ones due to the shock we put on our rides. We also have the ball mounts in chrome for all of us that are into bling bling. There is also a suction cup mount and a great gimballed cup holder...... I wouldn't trust the suction cup without at least a safety lanyard attached in case it comes loose. Matter of fact I'd put a lanyard on anything I didn't want to loose in a spill. We also have a double ball setup (still no wise cracks...) that you can mount two items on the mount. Good Luck! Mike

I have the ram mount he talks about and its the bomb, look at the pic up above and see how nice it looks....

And I got steel balls, (wisw crack)....lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information