+1

2003 GTX/SC metal pump upgrade problems.

Riva helped with a metal pump upgrade on my brother's 2003 gtx/sc with a un-bent solas sr-cd 12/20. This thing cavitates like a bitch out of the hole or when pulling tube/skiers. Do you think it's just a problem with the pitch? Top end is great however I do not have any rpm or gps readings to confirm. We also run this ski with a wedge and worx grate I got from ppg a while ago. So I do not remember the degree of the wedge. The plastic pump had a ppg bend solas 12/20 on it. However they used red loctite and even riva couldn't remove it from the old plastic pump. Wear ring is brand new.

I have it boxed up and ready to send to jerry if you all think it needs his magic bend.

Mike,

What are the RPMs at WOT? Also, when was the last time you replaces the wear ring on it. Even with the '04 pump, the wear ring still need occasional changeout. It might be the prop. If you want to try something different, I have an extra Skat 16/21 that you can try. It is what I have been running and like it.

Mark

+1
    I have that same setup(04 pump,PPG 12/20,wedge)....I'm cavatating bigtime now, but I know for a fact my wear ring is toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaybat
    I have that same setup(04 pump,PPG 12/20,wedge)....I'm cavatating bigtime now, but I know for a fact my wear ring is toast.
    KenDude, is that a 4 blade?...PR...

+1
    The pump was upgraded to metal and the wear ring has no wear and not that many hours on it. I also noticed the brand new pump is leaking water into the cone, hopefully riva will fix that since they are the ones that built it.

The water in the cone could be the seal on the front bearing.

Thread Information