01-18-2010, 09:31 PM #1
Mounting 701(62T) Pipe on a 650 Engine
In an effort to consolidate funds I have decided to scrap my 701 engine and just drop in my perfect (150/150) compression 650 engine. It will be mounted in a Waveraider. I already have the engine cradles and all applicable parts to do the conversion. What are the implications if any of doing this? What specific things will I have to look out for?
1. What should RPM's be if I go ahead with this
2. Will compression be affected with a new head?
3. What gaskets should I use for the exhaust manifold and head 6m6 or 62t? Or does it not matter.
4. Does this affect carb settings at all (i.e. re-jetting?)
01-19-2010, 05:08 PM #2
1. No idea. I guess you would want them to be what they were when the 650 was in whatever it was in? Assuming the pump and imp. are the same.
2.Yes, if the dome size is different. What head, 650 or 701, will you be using?
3. Use what matches the exhaust ports on the cyl.
01-19-2010, 10:52 PM #3
I will be using a 701 head. Not sure where to check dome sizes? What kind of carburetor settings would I need to use or is it dependent on other variables (i.e. rpm/compression/prop)?
01-19-2010, 10:56 PM #4
Get a cc syringe fill up the head and you will have your answer!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By LANCE in forum Polaris How To & FAQsReplies: 134Last Post: 05-05-2009, 10:38 PM
By 130fe in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 13Last Post: 03-06-2008, 01:51 PM
By thesepaperwings in forum Polaris PWC PerformanceReplies: 6Last Post: 05-14-2007, 11:07 PM
By KirkF350 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 8Last Post: 08-01-2006, 03:31 AM
By davidl13 in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-29-2006, 01:59 PM