Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Jettrim seat not waterproof?

Have done some reading on the forum. Is it true that the aftermarket seat covers like Jettrim are not waterproof?

Are you supposed to install these seats over the stock seat cover and foam or should you remove the stock seat all together. Does the seat come padded?

Lastly, is there any comfort issues switching from the stock seat to a Jettrim...is it grippy or abrasive?

Quote Originally Posted by firefitness26 View Post
    Have done some reading on the forum. Is it true that the aftermarket seat covers like Jettrim are not waterproof?

Are you supposed to install these seats over the stock seat cover and foam or should you remove the stock seat all together. Does the seat come padded?

Lastly, is there any comfort issues switching from the stock seat to a Jettrim...is it grippy or abrasive?
    I have always installed it over my stock seat. Leave the cover on and all and put the Jettrim over the top. The style of fabric is up to you. You can get it grippy or not grippy. If you are not racing I would not go with the sand paper type or you would need to ride with some type of leg protection. It will rub you legs raw in shorts.

Is the Riva seat the same as the Jettrimm?? If I order from 4 tec-performance what grip level with the seat be.

If yopu put the seat cover over the stock cover does that eliminate any water saturation issues? Ever any problems with the seat covers slipping or wrinkles?

Is the Riva seat the same as the Jettrimm?? If I order from 4 tec-performance what grip level with the seat be.

If yopu put the seat cover over the stock cover does that eliminate any water saturation issues? Ever any problems with the seat covers slipping or wrinkles?

I am not 100 percent sure on who makes the Riva seat. It is probably either Jettrim or Hydroturf. I also have no idea what the grip level is on the 4tec seat. Maybe someone will answer here.

You can go to the jettrim or hydroturf web sites and actually pick the color and fabrics you want also.

I have never had a problem with the cover slipping and I installed my own. If you are unsure about it go get it done at an upholstery place.

+1

Jettrim makes the Riva seat covers. They are "med" slip which means you can ride your ski in shorts without getting a rash.

They install over your stock seat cover which prevents any water saturation into your foam.

I have been using the Riva (Jettrim) seat covers for years and never had any issues with wrinkles or slipping.

I have my local upholstery shop install them for me. They use stainless steel staples.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Jettrim makes the Riva seat covers. They are "med" slip which means you can ride your ski in shorts without getting a rash.

They install over your stock seat cover which prevents any water saturation into your foam.

I have been using the Riva (Jettrim) seat covers for years and never had any issues with wrinkles or slipping.

I have my local upholstery shop install them for me. They use stainless steel staples.
    jerry so the riva seat cover is not water proof?we took out our stock seat cover n install juz wif the riva's

Thanks Greenhulk...I will go through 4 tec for the purchase.

If the seat installs over the stock and is not completely water proff do you get a wet bum when riding. The stock vinyl seems to dry very well and quick...is this the same once the jettrim seat is on.

I would lvoe to see some pics if anyone has one of the red jetrrim accented seats on their red FZS.

+1
    I have always used Jettrim. Never had an issue.

Click to Enlarge

Here are some more photos of the seat with the Jettrim cover: http://picasaweb.google.com/carlosan...eat=directlink

+1
    its the stiching that let the water in not the fabric....i had one put on my jump boat and the cock took the stock cover off,in a month or so it near doubled in weight

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tysonfzr View Post
    jerry so the riva seat cover is not water proof?we took out our stock seat cover n install juz wif the riva's
    Tyson, it's water proof when you install it over your stock seat cover. You are not supposed to remove your stock seat cover.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information