Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Opas mods

+1

Opas mods

Just got a new gtx ltd to go along with my 03 gtx sc. The 03 has the opas removed. The 06 ltd steers like a pig. Should I remove the opas or block it up? I like the idea of removing the opas but a little leary about leaks. Also has anyone ever successfully reinstalled Opas?

Get those opas off! Put these on (and don't let anyone talk you into the cheap $20 ones). They're what I have on my 05 GTX Ltd. No leaks at all.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=302

You can always put the opas back on later. I took mine off the 05 GTX Ltd and left the internal components in the ski so I can put them back on if whoever buys it next wants them on. I'll never put them back on while I own it.

green: there will be some to tell ya that the ski steers and handles best with the OPAS on. If you are looking for more speed, then go ahead and remove them. Even with them blocked up they still drag the water. I have the Riva block-offs and have sealed them up with silicone neatly, so I have no leaks, but it is a real PITA when I have to remove them for working on the thru hull exhaust system, being i have to take that out often to F with this stinkin SC again...PR...

+1
    On my 03 I used the PPG kit. I have not had any problems. Which kit is better and why.

Quote Originally Posted by green_head
    On my 03 I used the PPG kit. I have not had any problems. Which kit is better and why.
    I`ve heard some say they like the PPG kit bc of the full rubber gasket does a good job of sealing, vs the o-rings of the riva`s, but then again, you will get some say they don`t have any issues with riva`s, I just said the hell with it and sealed it up anyways...PR...

+1

Reinstalling OPAS

How does one go about leaving the rest of the OPAS system intact once the paddles are removed ? I'd like to leave it in place in case someone down the line wants to reinstall them.

I've heard folks comment about the OPAS pressure tubes leaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Piney
    How does one go about leaving the rest of the OPAS system intact once the paddles are removed ? I'd like to leave it in place in case someone down the line wants to reinstall them.

I've heard folks comment about the OPAS pressure tubes leaking.
    I think they are just talking about the boots, just pushing them inside the hull, and the "T" vavle and hoses, make sure you cap off the valve...
    everything else needs to be removed...PR...

+1
    I just got back from my first ride on home waters with the new gtx ltd. Opas robs so much from the handling of this hull. I felt like the steering system was made of marshmallows. Opas is getting removed asap.

Quote Originally Posted by green_head
    I just got back from my first ride on home waters with the new gtx ltd. Opas robs so much from the handling of this hull. I felt like the steering system was made of marshmallows. Opas is getting removed asap.
    See!...PR...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    See!...PR...

Ask Shibby about the opas!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information