Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Kawasaki 01 ultra DI software

Anyone know where to find the kawasaki 01 ultra DI software? We have the code, but the disk is bad so we can not load it.

What is the code?
    The software is almost useless for diagnosis. Actually it confuses even more because it points at innocent components when something else is wrong. Its only useful function is to transfer EMM data from one to another. On both DI models (Ultra 130 & 1100STX), 99% of the time it is the bad EMM. Typically engine doesn't start or quits.

+1
    Thanks. I would prefer not to post the code in open forum, but I assure you it is a purchased copy. The CD went bad sitting in the FL humidity and can not be read by the CD ROM. So far the DOS looking software is impossible to find or order so we thought if we can get a copy of the SW, we could use the code we already have. Just trying to clear the check or service engine light now that the work has been completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Just trying to clear the check or service engine light now that the work has been completed.
    If the dash meter is flashing "Check Eng" light, it means that a "problem" still exists. You can try to clear using the software but the "Check Eng" light would come on as soon as you try to start the engine because the EMM is either generating own error signal (due to internal fault - most likely) or receiving error signal (from other faulty component - unlikely).

In other words, you can only clear previous error code(s) in the EMM's memory. You can't clear existing error code(s) because the problem is still there.

+1
    He found another CD that is supposed to be good but it looks like it is blank too. That's odd that 2 of them are bad/blank. The CD ROM reads other CD's.

He found another CD
    That must be a bootlegged copy and who knows what happened to it. Also, your pc should have 97 or older Windows to run it properly because the original KDIAG is a DOS based software and comes on a 3.5" disk not CD.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreenman View Post
    That must be a bootlegged copy and who knows what happened to it. Also, your pc should have 97 or older Windows to run it properly because the original KDIAG is a DOS based software and comes on a 3.5" disk not CD.

Interesting. No it is an official CD with logos on it and everything. Yeah, the PC we are hsing is Windows ME. I had him go to a DOS prompt because we know it is just a simple DOS program and did a dir on the D drive to find the contents seemed blank. Hmm.. I was going to try and see if I could see it on another computer or start the PC in DOS mode only. I will be trying to swing by there tonight to see if I can help since I work on computers.

Interesting. No it is an official CD with logos on it and everything. Yeah.

the PC we are hsing is Windows ME. I had him go to a DOS prompt.
    Have you seen pirate DVDs? They all look real. If no files exist at all in the CD, it doesn't matter what pc or Windows version you use. It's blank. You must have a DIAG*.EXE file to run.

+1
    I misunderstood, he did need the CD to diagnose the ski. Since he couldnt get the CD to work, he diagnosed it without the software and fixed the problem. As you stated the check engine light went out once the problem was fixed.

Appriciate your help. Still odd that the CD is blank even the one he bought through Kawi couple years ago.

Still odd that the CD is blank even the one he bought through Kawi couple years ago.
    I am thinking if the CD is for KDS (for 4 strokes) not KDIAG (for 2-stroke DI). Like I said KDIAG comes in 3.5" disk only. The KDS in the other hand comes in CD. What does it say on the CD? But still doesn't make a sense that it is blank. Should get exchange or refund from Kawi.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information