Thread: 2002 Virage I

2002 Virage I

Two questions, just bought a pair of 2002 Virage I and never owned skis before. Where can i get a copy of the owner/operator manual and I need to charge the battery but cant tell by looking at the cables which is positive or neg as they are both red in color?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    near Toronto, Canada
    Welcome to the Hulk

It sounds like someone has changed the negative battery cable from the original Black cable to red.

Follow each battery cable. One will be bolted directly to the engine block.

The other battery cable will connect to the starter solenoid, which will have another red cable going to the starter motor itself, on the left front of the engine, down low. The negative battery cable is always the cable that connects directly to the engine block.

When you have determined which cable is the negative, wrap it in black tape for several inches, so it will be clear in the future which is which.

Since you are new to PWC, and unfamiliar with these Polaris models, I highly suggest you take the time to learn about them BEFORE you even start the engines, let alone take them on the water.

Are you familiar with boating and marine safety?

Click the link below, and then keep clicking and reading. There is a LOT of useful information available, and a lot to learn.

Not only do you need to ensure that your machines are mechanically in good form and well maintained, you need to understand how to operate them, and maintain a safe situation while you are on the water.

There are not many versions of the Owner's manuals available online. Both of your 2002 Virage i models have the Ficht fuel injected engines, domestic two cylinder version.

Thread Information