01-20-2010, 02:40 PM #1
just purchased a 03 gp800r need some schooling as well as help let me start from the
let me start from the top.
when i bought the ski we did a comp test it was 125 top bottom 120, guy said new motor put in at 95 hours now has 111, ( po before didnt screw drain plugs and filled the hull to top with water ) new carbs as well were put in guy had receipt for them and work at dealer, but he said it bogs out of the hole but if you prime it right before it will take off normally. wasnt able to take the ski for a ride due to weather but at $1800 and good comp i figured id take the plung. anyway question go as followed...
1. can some one let me know what is a tried and proven carb setup, like jet sizes and where the needles are suppose to be set at from gently set. also was considering removing air box and replacing with proks or similar
2. when you start the ski, it smokes significantly inside the hull, where is a good place to start looking for this leak?
3. is there write up on these wave eater clips, or more info?
4. what is the d plate mod that is suppose to help with cavitation?
5. compression when i bought it was 120ish, i started it for a min or 2 with water hose hooked up, shut down checked compression now with my harbor freights comp gage and its at 90!? WTF? i did only hand tighten it though. only other thing i can add is that pistons looked good from top as well as spark plugs but they were VERY wet.
6.this was a salt water ski ............ sigh........ but surprisingly in pretty good shape inside and out. any way, it also has barnacles on the hull as well as the jet pump area and ride plate, any suggestions on what i can use to remove them?
7. what other maintenance should i look into doing? grease points, bearings, bushings, etc? how and where to check
8. my primary ski is a stock 98 gsxl i did bill o neils jet kit / rebuild as well as proks other wise bone stock, how do the skis differ?
thanks in advance, i will take any and all advice/tips ....
01-20-2010, 02:42 PM #2
How many threads are you going to start???
01-20-2010, 02:50 PM #3
looks like 3 to me....... if i could delete the one FAQ, then 2..... thanks for the help
nm, someone did it for me.
01-20-2010, 05:57 PM #4
01-20-2010, 07:33 PM #5
- Join Date
- Aug 2005
I have a 800 manual if you dont have one. pm me if interested.
01-21-2010, 01:40 PM #6
wfo... i got you pm, i am at work at the moment and cant call, when is to late to call?
01-21-2010, 03:08 PM #7
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By gvnitup in forum Polaris Open DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-11-2007, 09:46 AM
By Fernando in forum Yamaha Open DiscussionReplies: 14Last Post: 07-06-2007, 11:32 AM
By GameDemon in forum Polaris Open DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 06-19-2007, 12:01 AM
By DaGoblinEatR in forum Yamaha Open DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-27-2007, 10:22 PM
By philip_gp1200r in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 10Last Post: 04-02-2006, 05:32 PM