+1

2000 RX Millenium help

Hey guys... I just added a 2000 SeaDoo RX Millenium edition to my stable. Picked it up cheap because it's sat for 3 years due to a blown motor... literally! It has a hole in the lower case... my guess is due to the piston rod punching through. There's a rope hanging from the water intake and appears to be stuck in the impeller. Could be the cause of the blown motor? I don't know the history of the ski. I haven't torn into it yet. I wanted to ask some questions first.

-Are there any common problems found with this ski?... electrical, engine, jet pump?

-Will any carbureted 951 motor bolt right into the RX hull?

-What's the best impeller to run on this ski?

-What's the top speed? (GPS)... I'm 6', 225lbs.

Here's some pics. As you can see, it needs a good douching... but it's all there. Gonna start the rebuild in a few months... maybe sooner. I have other skis that need attention first!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cvbdrew View Post
    Hey guys... I just added a 2000 SeaDoo RX Millenium edition to my stable. Picked it up cheap because it's sat for 3 years due to a blown motor... literally! It has a hole in the lower case... my guess is due to the piston rod punching through. There's a rope hanging from the water intake and appears to be stuck in the impeller. Could be the cause of the blown motor? I don't know the history of the ski. I haven't torn into it yet. I wanted to ask some questions first.

-Are there any common problems found with this ski?... electrical, engine, jet pump? The 951 is sensitive to the preperation and installation of the pipe and exhaust manifold. Belt or block sanding of the gasket surfaces and new mount bushings are a must. I just rebuilt one of these last year with a similar history and I ended up needing a new Water Control Valve (leaking) and a new RAVE check valve (clogged up) and a jet pump (sat with saltwater in it) in addition to the engine repairs needed. The Sea Doo VTS (trim) system is not the best so check the box for signs of water or corrosion. Hopefully it works but if not it is often the box and rarely the motor that is at fault. The boxes are available used to save a little money just get them from a reputable source.

-Will any carbureted 951 motor bolt right into the RX hull? Yes-as long as it was originally silver. The white engine will fit but is too much trouble to mess with.

-What's the best impeller to run on this ski? Stock prop. I suggest sending it to Impros and having them do the "Works" on it and add a degree to the back side. This works very well.

-What's the top speed? (GPS)... I'm 6', 225lbs. With a stock prop & stock pitch mine GPSed at 60 with half a tank of gas. I am pretty much the same size as you. The engine is bone stock and that is about as fast as you will see without any mods.

Here's some pics. As you can see, it needs a good douching... but it's all there. Gonna start the rebuild in a few months... maybe sooner. I have other skis that need attention first!

If it still has the gray fuel lines they will need to go and you will need to clean the entire fuel system and maybe rebuild the carbs.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KrunchovXPL-GTX-RX View Post
    If it still has the gray fuel lines they will need to go and you will need to clean the entire fuel system and maybe rebuild the carbs.
    Definitely. Do you know some of my answers? Thanks.

+1
    Look at the quoted part in my reply.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KrunchovXPL-GTX-RX View Post
    Look at the quoted part in my reply.
    My bad... missed those. Thanks! Very helpful!

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    I say go for the 4-tec conversion
    More power

+1
    One would be better off finding an RXP if that had even come to mind.

I have seen what it takes to put a 4-tec in a GPR (a slightly larger hull than an RX with a much larger engine compartment) and I have worked on an RX so I think it could be done, but would not want anything to do with the job.

+1
    I'm not planning on keeping the ski. I took it as partial payment on money owed to me. I'm good with a wrench so I plan on fixing it... cleaning it... and selling it. After I ride it for awhile of course!

Thread Information