Thread: rotax ecu

rotax ecu

I was wondering if anyone has seen this on a rotax ecu. I recently purchased a used rotax ecu from someone on this site. it was suppose to be for a 04/05.(the seller didn't sound real confident but I took his word for it) when I hooked it up to a 04, the check engine warning comes on right when the dess is plugged in. the start button will not do anything. I than tried the ecu on a 06 and than finally on a 08. it did the same thing with the check engine with all kinds of different codes. from my experience with the rotax ecu which I have in a couple of my skis, I think this ecu is bad(especially since I purchased a few different items from this person and everything else that came in was not even close to how it was described). I was just wondering if there is something I'm missing. I have not been able to contact the seller yet but I doubt he'll be able to tell me much . thanks
    Mike

Try to make a claim trough PayPal and see if you can get your money back that is if you pay trough payPal.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP305 View Post
    Try to make a claim trough PayPal and see if you can get your money back that is if you pay trough payPal.
    OR...contact the seller and try and get it worked out.

Seadoo1120 is the nicest guy to deal with.

2006 RXP
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo1120 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has seen this on a rotax ecu. I recently purchased a used rotax ecu from someone on this site. it was suppose to be for a 04/05.(the seller didn't sound real confident but I took his word for it) when I hooked it up to a 04, the check engine warning comes on right when the dess is plugged in. the start button will not do anything. I than tried the ecu on a 06 and than finally on a 08. it did the same thing with the check engine with all kinds of different codes. from my experience with the rotax ecu which I have in a couple of my skis, I think this ecu is bad(especially since I purchased a few different items from this person and everything else that came in was not even close to how it was described). I was just wondering if there is something I'm missing. I have not been able to contact the seller yet but I doubt he'll be able to tell me much . thanks
    Mike

so this dude got you twice? i'd be ready to open a can.

+1
    who was the seller?

+1
    Try hooking it to buds it might have to have the key programmed

+1
    Can't program a key for the rotax ECU's. Buds dosen't like them at all

Any key will work with them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo1120 View Post
    Mike

How much did u pay for the ECU?

Where are u located?
    I may have an 04'-05' one u can try

+1
    Seadoo1120 is the nicest guy ever.

Thread Information