Thread: Slowing down

+1

Slowing down

Quick, question for ya. I know when I'm on my SLT and I let go of the throttle real quick. the ski just dies like normal, bobbles a little bit, then it's a smooth stop.

On my 94 sl. when you let go of the throttle. it kinda gets a tad squierrly as you slow down to a stop. I'm talking like 50 and letting off the gas hard. Like a plug chop at 50 mph.

I was just wondering,, What does it feel like when you let off the throttle on the Pro doing 63? Does it get all crazy? or does it track straight when slowing down? Or will the UMI steering be so touchy anything could happen? Do you have to HOLD on if you slow down quick? I mean like HOLD on to it because if you don't , it will get away from ya?

I rode my gf's 640 tigershark barracuda and holy shnittzz..lol (if you all never rode one, let me tell ya , its quick as hell) for a 640. You literally had to stiff arm it to control it because it was so touchy.. guess that thing was a race ski back in its hayday.

Then when ya slow down, the same rules applied again. HOLD ON when slowing down after a 50 mph run.

Looks like on the new jetskis, you could lay down and eat lunch on the seat as your slowing from 80.lol

+1
    i've never had any problem with letting off at 63-65 but at around 68-69 mine will defianitly take a killer left turn if i don't let off slowly

It will go straight, you better be hangin on though so you don't go for a ride.

I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    +1
    Based on my Pros...nothing too crazy or different. The Pro is a great handling hull but it isn't something that is like wild beast needing to be tamed. You will get used to the differences between it and the SLT. In fact, I feel it is one of the more stable hulls that I've ridden...but then again, I guess that is just me trying to throw myself off and trying to flip the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    I was just wondering,, What does it feel like when you let off the throttle on the Pro doing 63?

Just like on my SL780...just be ready because that deep hull really will slow down quick.

Does it get all crazy?

Not at all!!

or does it track straight when slowing down?

Straight as an arrow...

Or will the UMI steering be so touchy anything could happen?

I think its fun to turn them back and forth real fast when slowing down...remember, with no throttle, there isn't going to be much steering at all. There is a bit because of the pump still being fed with water due to the speed, but I can make a gradual turn...nothing too crazy.

Do you have to HOLD on if you slow down quick? I mean like HOLD on to it because if you don't , it will get away from ya?

You will have your chest slammed into the bars if you're not at least bracing yourself.

Thread Information