Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ready to purchase an FZS what is a fair price for a 2010

Just curious if anyone has purchased a 2010 recently and if you would share the pricing?

I am going to the NY Boat show to purchase a ski this weekend.

I spoke to a dealer there already.

As we know list is $13,199, I was told $12,000 + tax that is it out the door, no trailer
    + yami throws in a 5 year warrantee at the show...

Is this a good deal?

Anyone have any pricing to compare?

Thank you

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DOUGNASH View Post
    Just curious if anyone has purchased a 2010 recently and if you would share the pricing?

I am going to the NY Boat show to purchase a ski this weekend.

I spoke to a dealer there already.

As we know list is $13,199, I was told $12,000 + tax that is it out the door, no trailer
    + yami throws in a 5 year warrantee at the show...

Is this a good deal?

Anyone have any pricing to compare?

Thank you

That is a good deal coming from another yamaha dealer.

Thank you for responding.

I have read that before, that talks about pricing on 2009 I believe.

I think the deal I have is pretty good, I know there will be several dealers at the show, so I am sure I can squeeze em for a little more!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DOUGNASH View Post
    Thank you for responding.

I have read that before, that talks about pricing on 2009 I believe.

I think the deal I have is pretty good, I know there will be several dealers at the show, so I am sure I can squeeze em for a little more!
    You might be able to squeeze them for a t-shirt and some stickers

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH. View Post
    That is a good deal coming from another yamaha dealer.

sounds good

thank you Rush!!!

+1
    I got mine at the A.C boat show last year. $11.900 for ski + 5 year extended(worth $1000) + cover(worth $200)[email protected] $12,800 with taxes & tags. No trailer.

I think the msrp last year was $12,749. SO $400 more this year on the msrp. If you can keep them around $12,000 before taxes, you're doing ok. See if they'll throw in a cover with it.

Last year, as the year went by. Prices dropped down since dealers were trying to get rid of inventory. $10,000 to $10,600 was pretty common without the extended.

Even saw a few dealers in the colder areas up north unloading them for $9700 come september. So that should give you an idea of what true dealer cost is. Don't believe that dealer list sheet they'll show you at the boat shows.

I wouldn't expect to get one at dealer cost. But, $500-$800 over isn't bad. They're trying to earn a living too.

To save money at the shows. They have one yamaha display with 2-3 or more local dealers working the same display. It's not a bad idea to talk to all of them. Although, they are all going to be in same ballpark. They have different tactics to get to the same number.

One dealer will tell you, $11,500 for the ski and $500 freight & prep.
    Another will say,$12,000. we dont believe in freight & prep.
    When you get the quotes from the dealers make sure it's all included.

My word of advice is to buy the ski from the dealer you plan on having do any service or warranty work on it. The dealer i bought my ski from is an authorized Riva dealer and installer.

So, if you plan on modding it. Buy from a dealer that isn't going to act like asses when you bring it in and they see aftermarket stuff on it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post
    I got mine at the A.C boat show last year. $11.900 for ski + 5 year extended(worth $1000) + cover(worth $200)[email protected] $12,800 with taxes & tags. No trailer.

I think the msrp last year was $12,749. SO $400 more this year on the msrp. If you can keep them around $12,000 before taxes, you're doing ok. See if they'll throw in a cover with it.

Last year, as the year went by. Prices dropped down since dealers were trying to get rid of inventory. $10,000 to $10,600 was pretty common without the extended.

Even saw a few dealers in the colder areas up north unloading them for $9700 come september. So that should give you an idea of what true dealer cost is. Don't believe that dealer list sheet they'll show you at the boat shows.

I wouldn't expect to get one at dealer cost. But, $500-$800 over isn't bad. They're trying to earn a living too.

To save money at the shows. They have one yamaha display with 2-3 or more local dealers working the same display. It's not a bad idea to talk to all of them. Although, they are all going to be in same ballpark. They have different tactics to get to the same number.

One dealer will tell you, $11,500 for the ski and $500 freight & prep.
    Another will say,$12,000. we dont believe in freight & prep.
    When you get the quotes from the dealers make sure it's all included.

My word of advice is to buy the ski from the dealer you plan on having do any service or warranty work on it. The dealer i bought my ski from is an authorized Riva dealer and installer.

So, if you plan on modding it. Buy from a dealer that isn't going to act like asses when you bring it in and they see aftermarket stuff on it.
    +1 on the modding. Make sure you have a good relationship with your dealer and dont be afraid to ask if they will take care of you when you mod it.

+1
    Mine was $12,273 OTD with nothing more added--no trailer when I got mine in June (I believe) of last year. I got three quotes and theirs was the best. Price included the 5 year warranty and a cover. The cover is worth WAY more than the warranty I think.

I asked the dealer where I purchased my ski about modding and they were not too keen on the idea. I never dealt with them prior to buying this ski, though.

There were guys on here talking about an '09 purchased for a lot less than what I paid for mine. A LOT LESS.

i paid a lot less... dont remember the exact figure, it was around $10k or a hair less, plus tax.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information