+1

Question E-Tech vs R&D vs Riva SC wheels

After reading about the aftermarket supercharger wheels I have noticed that the Riva and R&D wheels are investment cast wheels and Engine-Tech is a billet machined SC wheel which I assume to be better than a cast one. Does anyone else have any info or opinions they can share with other forum members about these SC wheels? As I am sure several fo the forum guys will be up grading these SC wheels in the future. Thanks Tommy Jordan

+1
    Investment casting is what jet engine internals are made of--precision is defanately possible when casting something with this method.

I would say the billet ones are produced in fewer quantities.

Generally speaking, I don't see tolerances as being an advantage for either methods.

My .02.

+1
    This has been (HOTLY!) debated on the S-D side for years now ... lots of very long, very 'interesting' threads on this issue there. End story ... everyone has their own opinion and experience, not sure there is one that is clearly better or worse than the other, both types seem to work well IMO. This is a potentially divisive topic ...

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    This has been (HOTLY!) debated on the S-D side for years now ... lots of very long, very 'interesting' threads on this issue there. End story ... everyone has their own opinion and experience, not sure there is one that is clearly better or worse than the other, both types seem to work well IMO. This is a potentially divisive topic ...

Agreed

from my personal experience, my engine-tech low boost wheel performed very well, it was well constructed and was lightweight. I'm now running the Riva E1 wheel and have no complaints whatsoever, both great wheels. I dont think you can go wrong either way.

+1

Question

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    After reading about the aftermarket supercharger wheels I have noticed that the Riva and R&D wheels are investment cast wheels and Engine-Tech is a billet machined SC wheel which I assume to be better than a cast one. Does anyone else have any info or opinions they can share with other forum members about these SC wheels? As I am sure several fo the forum guys will be up grading these SC wheels in the future. Thanks Tommy Jordan
    Does anyone have any more info to update this post, Thanks

Call me a sucker for ''BLING'' but nothing beats a featherweight cnc machined anodized wheel in my books.Performance wise i just think lighter is always better and easier on the clutch.Overall boost comes more from design and blade geometry I assume, and know nothing about.... but i love the Bling.....

Thread Information