Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: low rpm again!!

low rpm again!!

2day i took out the S/C b1 again follow the instruction again,fix it back still the same rpm at 5000 without power shot n wif power shot is abt 4500.we took off the j pipe attach to the throttle body rev n feel below, the pressure is like sucks not powerful at all...the spark plug is like black as charcoal so change new spark plug still got the same result...when the rpm is at below 2000 u can feel the power but when rev the power begin to lack n stop at 5000 n the power seems heavy...now i took out everything,power cooler,b1,BOV n i dun knw wat cause the problem,can any1 tell me wat i should do next?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tysonfzr View Post
    2day i took out the S/C b1 again follow the instruction again,fix it back still the same rpm at 5000 without power shot n wif power shot is abt 4500.we took off the j pipe attach to the throttle body rev n feel below, the pressure is like sucks not powerful at all...the spark plug is like black as charcoal so change new spark plug still got the same result...when the rpm is at below 2000 u can feel the power but when rev the power begin to lack n stop at 5000 n the power seems heavy...now i took out everything,power cooler,b1,BOV n i dun knw wat cause the problem,can any1 tell me wat i should do next?
    Have you tried it in the water yet? On the trailer you are limited by the ECU to 5000 RPM for your SC compressor's safety.

Also- on the trailer the motor is experiencing VERY little load so the power output is gonna be tiny, even if you revved it to 10,000 RPM.

Think about it. When the motor is experiencing zero load it takes very little energy (fuel) to turn it. Little fuel means little air also, so the throttle valve will be throttled back MUCH further to retrict the air going in at comparable RPMs.

This is why you are limited in the trailer. With the throttle restricted, this creates a low flow situation for the SC compressor since it's output is correllated with RPM and not engine load. The low flow creates what is called "surge".

Hope this helps and if you've been on the water and had the same problem just disregard it

+1

Check your reverse gate switch.

+1
    I had this problem with my Honda once. On the trailer is rev'd fine. In the water it was about 4,000 rpms. It was a hose that came loose. There were no flashin lights or error codes. I have seen other boats have this problem. The hose that came loose for me was one of the hoses that connects to the intercooler.

+1
    Is there a learners mode on those skis?

Quote Originally Posted by BPnta View Post
    Have you tried it in the water yet? On the trailer you are limited by the ECU to 5000 RPM for your SC compressor's safety.

Also- on the trailer the motor is experiencing VERY little load so the power output is gonna be tiny, even if you revved it to 10,000 RPM.

Think about it. When the motor is experiencing zero load it takes very little energy (fuel) to turn it. Little fuel means little air also, so the throttle valve will be throttled back MUCH further to retrict the air going in at comparable RPMs.

This is why you are limited in the trailer. With the throttle restricted, this creates a low flow situation for the SC compressor since it's output is correllated with RPM and not engine load. The low flow creates what is called "surge".

Hope this helps and if you've been on the water and had the same problem just disregard it
    how come my spark plug is like black as charcoal?

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Sounds like either an intake hose is not connected and you have a boost leak or u have a dead SC clutch. Put it in the water and see what she does.....you really shouldnt be revving that ski on the trailer like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    Sounds like either an intake hose is not connected and you have a boost leak or u have a dead SC clutch. Put it in the water and see what she does.....you really shouldnt be revving that ski on the trailer like that.
    the hose is not loose,wat do mean by SC clutch?fzr have clutch?

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    the hose is not loose,wat do mean by SC clutch?fzr have clutch?
    Yes...you have a clutch on your SC.....ur SC wheel should only spin in 1 direction...if it spins the other way too when bolted to the engine...then you have a bad clutch

the clutch is it located below the super charger?the 1 wif the gear?i did use my hand to turn the gear below it turn only 1 direction,the clutch is it inside?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information