Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

02 f12 running rough and fouling plugs 1&4

My Honda is at a Honda dealer who is having no luck with a solution to my problem. It runs rough, it's flooding the 1 and 4 plug, and it won't go above 4000 rpm. So far we have put in new fuel, put in a new fuel regulator valve, done an oilchange, new plugs, and tried a new ECM - the dealer said everything looks great but still can't find the problem. He is wondering if the old and new ECMs BOTH are bad. What are the odds of having 2 bad ECMs? He's totally checked out everything and can't find the cause of the problem. Does anyone live in the Santa Cruz - Monterey Bay area that I could plug in my ECM to see if it works in another ski? Any ideas or anyone with an 02 ski that can help?!!!

+1
    welcome to the forum

I build Horsepower
    +1
    Do a compression test on all 4 cylinders and report back.

Shawn

+1
    Check for oil in the intake manifold too ... a friend had one that constantly fouled the rear plug; it was oil fouling the plug. Eventually I got sick of cleaning/changing that one plug and wondered what was going on ... turned out that the PCV system was dumping oil into the intake and most of it ended up in the rear of the intake, fouling out the rear plug. I took the intake off, cleaned all the oil out and it was good for a year.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroShark View Post

Shawn

Ditto on that. Flooding? Plugs seriously wet. Maybe no fire in those 2 cylinders.

Thanks for the quick responces!!! the ski is still at the honda dealer. they say the 1 & 4 are fireing fine and the timing is all good, they also said the fuel injection streem is normal. they are closed sun-mon so ill ask a few questions on tuesday and get back.....

Quote Originally Posted by NitroShark View Post

Shawn
    Hi! Thanks! yeah called the dealer service guy said he did test and compression is good!

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Check for oil in the intake manifold too ... a friend had one that constantly fouled the rear plug; it was oil fouling the plug. Eventually I got sick of cleaning/changing that one plug and wondered what was going on ... turned out that the PCV system was dumping oil into the intake and most of it ended up in the rear of the intake, fouling out the rear plug. I took the intake off, cleaned all the oil out and it was good for a year.

Thanks for the advice! dealer said he had the manifold off and it was clean. He
    said its fuel fouling the plug. the dealer is the 2nd person to take a stab at this.

I build Horsepower
    +1
    From my Quality Assurance background....

My Motto is: In God we Trust, All others bring your Data.

Have your technician give you the actual numbers they found. If he can't do that, have him repeat the test and write it down.

Thanks

Shawn

Hi! talked to both mechanics today, Honda guy and independent guy.
    both said they did compression test. 220 on all cylinders. honda guy was saying that it could be the cluster in the dash.. what do you think about that? not sure how the cluster could affect plug 1 & 4. all cylinders fire & the timing is right on...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information