Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2010/Twin Front Bearing Hour Update

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    Does the pump housing on the 07-09 have to be machined to accept the second bearing?.........
    I had the 2010 shaft / double bearing set up put into my 2009. No other mods required. I have 20+ hours on this set up and "so far so good". the boat essentially runs / feels the same. Another 5 hours and I will be pulling them out for inspection . . .

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    I had the 2010 shaft / double bearing set up put into my 2009. No other mods required. I have 20+ hours on this set up and "so far so good". the boat essentially runs / feels the same. Another 5 hours and I will be pulling them out for inspection . . .
    Did you go with the wet pump mod or stay with the sealed bearings?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    Did you go with the wet pump mod or stay with the sealed bearings?
    I have the sealed bearings on this boat.

I have 21 hours so far (near or at WOT) on the 2010 shaft / bearing set up and so far so good. If the weather holds this Sunday that should take me to 25 hours; then pull the pump Monday to see how the Bearings look. Will report. jb

I have 21 hours so far (near or at WOT) on the 2010 shaft / bearing set up and so far so good. If the weather holds this Sunday that should take me to 25 hours; then pull the pump Monday to see how the Bearings look. Will report. jb
    Made it to 25 hours! Will be pulling the pump out Wednesday to see what those little jewels look like.

Reached 25 hours; just looked at the Bearings / Shaft; everything looks good. Running the double bearing up front certainly appears to be an improvement to me.

+1

2010/Twin Front Bearing Hour Update

Alright, seems like a lot of us are going with the 2010/twin front bearing setup in the pump.
    What kind of hours are you guys seeing so far and how do things look if you've pulled your pump apart since?
    Anyone try the ceramic bearings?
    Last edited by DrewNJ; 02-27-2010 at 02:15 PM.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Alright, seems like a lot of us are going with the 2010/twin front bear setup in the pump.
    What kind of hours are you guys seeing so far and how do things look if you've pulled your pump apart since?
    twin bearing machined 07 shaft , done early last year

currently WELL over 25hr's on pump.
    It is due for a removal at the end of month as it is starting to cavitate badly off the line.
    Last edited by sirbreaksalot; 02-27-2010 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Alright, seems like a lot of us are going with the 2010/twin front bearing setup in the pump.
    Yes I am installing them now! Here is a picture of my OEM bearing (left) that was removed from the pump and the middle one is a new OEM with the seals removed and the one on the right is a OEM bearing that has been tricked out by microblue racing before I install the seals.

Notice the discoloration on the original OEM bearing (Outer race) and the burnt lubricant (should be clear) as this bearing was getting ready to fail. On the Mircoblue bearing (right) is the only thing that is original is the races which have been micro-polished and then coated with Microblue. The OEM steel balls were tossed and ceramic balls (black/grey color) were installed. Then a nylon type ball cage is installed. The Cerbec ceramic balls are supposed to be over 100 times harder than steel and wear at about 10% of what steel does. According to Craig at Microblue racing he has never had a bearing that was tricked out fail in over ten years he's been doing it. All of my racing friends are using Microblue to save friction in their drivetrains on their race cars. On everything from transmissions, rear ends engines.

Below is from their web site:

"MicroBlue has a unique, atomic interaction with lubricants which other coatings have (they only work when things touch). Just as soft water makes you feel slippery (by reducing the surface tension of soap),the MicroBlue coating does the same thing. And we all know, whenever you improve the wetting properties of a lubricant, you make it far more "slippery".
    When we combine those glass-smooth surfaces with something that makes lubricants much more slippery, things get interesting in a hurry.. Truly, the result is the freest rolling, coolest running and longest lasting bearings ever made. A bold statement, we know, but trust us, you will understand that the first time you pick one up and give it a spin"

They ship the bearings to you with the seals off so you can add the lubricant and see the microblue coating work. Adding about a drop of lubricant and it immediately conducts throughout the bearing and rather than being pushed to the side like you would expect with a normal bearing, the lubricant sticks to the actual ball and race surfaces. For more info on the bearings. These bearings cost about $80 to $100 each (they supplied the new OEM bearings to modify is included in that cost). www.microblueracing.com

Glenn

+1
    Very interesting Glenn! Keep us posted on how this setup works out!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information