2003 GTX SC question for first time owner

First of all hello to everybody. I think I have found he right forum after numberous of tries in the field !! no replies, not enough threads posts topics etc. Here I see a total different spirit. I hope i can get all the help I need !!! thx

NOW.....
    I have recently bought a used 2003 GTX SC ski with 160 hours.Perhaps i rushed a little into it but i thougt it was a good deal...I will also post pics so that you can tell me about its condition. Although at first it was looking good when I bought it and brought it back home I saw oils in the engine compartment and many many more. not to mention the terrible condition on paint which now has been done and refreshened to a good state I might say.

Can you please tell me my first moves that I need to know regarding this ski, and pwc in general ?for instance, i read somwhere that I need to remove the big tube under the seats to avoid flooding. is that true ? what other things I must know/do to the ski as precautions ? the compressor was rebuild in 110 hours. do you think the washers will be the steel ones ? i don't even know what these washers are, or where they go but I have read they are a main issue. the guy told me that the wear ring was also replaced in 110 hours. evey how many hours should these be replaced ?as far as air filter is concerned, does it have one or is it free ? what else is there to chech in the ski before going on a ride?

Also in regards to water in the hull, eventhough I have the ski on a slope and bent upwards on the treiler, the there are some spots where the water is trapped. for instance under the fuel box and in the rear under and behind the motor. is there anyway to remove these water besides the obvious? because it is very difficult after every ride to manual remove the water from these spots.

also, i want to remove the mats and replace them with hydroturf o anything else proposed by you, because they are a mess !!! my problem is how to remove the old mats, since the clips will fall in the engine compartment.

THANK YOU all and I hope you can answer all my questions, since you are my only help I can get.thx in advance

+1
    read the owners manual,and do some searches on here.....tons of info.
    If its an 03, the SC doesn't have washers....the 03's had a diff SC design.good luck!!

+1
    Don't remove the tube under the rear seat. That prevents water intrusion if the ski every flips. Unlikely to happen since the ski is so big.

If you want to error on the safe side send the supercharger to jerry. There's a lot of posts on how to remove it. There are also 2 links on the left side of the forum to help with supercharger questions.

The biggest problem with the 03 gtx-sc is the plastic pump. They warp. Around 200 hours you may want to consider an upgrade to a metal pump.

I wouldn't worry about a little water left in the ski unless you ride in the ocean or store it outside in the winter. The oil is a concern there will be a little in there especially if it was a sloppy oil change. Keep an eye on that.

There is no air filter, the wear ring will start wearing faster as that plastic pump loses shape. You'll know you need a new one when you experience cavitation when gunning it. You'll know what cavitation is when you hit it and the ski just revs up but doesn't really take off.

My only other advice is to read the manual about flushing the ski after riding.

I've got some experience with the 03-gtx-sc feel free to ask me if you have any other questions.

hey Mike and everyone else thx a lot. you are so helpfull. so I guess not much to worry about my ski afterall. Is there any chance I already have a metal pump ? where is this pump located? i know it might be a stupid question but i am totally new to this hobby...

also regarding the tube below the sit.. where should it be facing when in place ? i have removed it and now i don;t exactly remember where it goes...

+1
    The large tube is directed towards the rear of the ski on the right side, there's a little metal clip the end fits into at the bottom of the hull.

If there's a link on here about removing that tube please supply it. Maybe there is something I don't know about it.

The pump is at the rear of the ski, it's where the water shoots out. Visually you probably won't notice if it's metal or plastic. You'll know when you replace the wear ring and one side wears more than the other side that indicates a warped plastic pump.

I will post some pictures tomorow of the whole engine so that you can explain to me what is what because I don't know anyting. is there a bilge pump that gets water out of the hull ?

Thread Information