Moving out to Cape Cod..some questions

Hey guys, I am 100% new to PWCs but have always had the itch..just have not been stationed anywhere really good for owning one yet. As I mentioned going to be stationed on the East Coast up in Cape Cod and am looking pretty hard at the Kawasakis since I have always had good experience with them.

I am reading that the 260X seems to do pretty well in the chop so that is likely my first pick...BUT, I also see that the STX is basically within6-7mph of it and seems more nimble at a substantial savings. I am guessing there is no such thing as a free lunch in this case int hat the STX will not fare as well in the choppy offshore type conditions...?

Also..bit of a newb question...does anyone make a convertible trailer that can fit say a standup..and a 3 seater..doe snot have to be at the same time..so I guess something with adjustable rails for width?

Moving to the Cape

Hello. I'm down in Fall River, but I ride pretty often on the Cape. PM me and we'll talk.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk

Some single PWC trailers are more adjustable for bunk spacing than others. And some are easier to adjust than others.

Triton has slides to adjust bunk width. I don't know if other brands have something similar. The Triton Elite series is quite nicely made.

You might consider a double PWC trailer.

Always try to ride with others, for safety. Especially in the big water.

Thanks for the replies guys.

+1
    Send a PM to member cuda167 "Scott" he lives there and has several skis. Great guy to talk to.

Hey guys, yeah i moved out to Mass about 3 months ago and had a ton of stuff to take with me. I previously lived in Cali and own a couple jet skis and a few other larger items. I dunno how your planning on moving your stuff, but i used this Massachusetts moving company , they literally picked up everything i thought couldn't be moved. I even had some things i wanted to sell that i just decided to take with me instead. BTW i own a 260x and an x-h20. What do you guys think of the conditions out here compared to so cal?

Thanks again for the replies guys, I will be talking with as many of you guys as I can before showing up. I'm gonna get the Ski out here since I have a few months to spend in Cali during the summer..so I will get some use out of it there as well.

Local dealer has a leftover STX15F that I am most likely going topull the trigger on.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    The stx hull is great, I love it, from glass to light chop to even surf riding it just handles like its on rails... fun ski

Sean

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    The stx hull is great, I love it, from glass to light chop to even surf riding it just handles like its on rails... fun ski

Sean
    Ditto. I have a Honda that goes faster than my 12f, but because the superior hook-up of the Kawa, it stays up with the turbo in the chop.
    The STX is a great ski. Fuel efficient too if that is an issue. Good choice for sure... Yep, fun ski!

Thread Information