gp1300r efi and 2 stroke oil

ive just read the fred on the efi and 2 stroke and it says if your running efi and stock oil feeds you need to put 1 ounce to every gallon of fuel do you think thats a lot of oil? or is that ok? pre mix would be better for me . but i prefer the oil injection over premix its to convient. why dont riva state this ? or can you adjust the oil pump to put more oil in??? if i knew this before i bought this efi i wouldent have bothered it just makes your ski unreliable...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by markyyeah View Post
    ive just read the fred on the efi and 2 stroke and it says if your running efi and stock oil feeds you need to put 1 ounce to every gallon of fuel do you think thats a lot of oil? or is that ok? pre mix would be better for me . but i prefer the oil injection over premix its to convient. why dont riva state this ? or can you adjust the oil pump to put more oil in??? if i knew this before i bought this efi i wouldent have bothered it just makes your ski unreliable...
    Once you start doing engine modifications or any modification at all your gonna have to start doing a little more maintenance on your ski. Its a fact of life. Like Jim states in that thread its to have a reliable ski w/ oil injection. It takes 2 seconds to put an ounce of oil into your gas tank. A properly set EFI controller will not be unreliable.

If you had a question about that thread just post on that thread instead of double posting on here. All your answer can be found by using the search function and if you have a certain question pertaining to a certain thread post there to stop double, triple, quadruple postings.

African-American
    +1
    GO PREMIX..

its not worth the hassle worrying about filling the oil tank and getting oil mess in the cowls. Also not having to worry about oil lines breaking (coming loose).

For a reliability standpoint.. cant beat premix.

from my experience of owning jetskis (+10 years), only thing that makes a ski unreliable is sending it to the dealer for maintenance.

I dont see why anyone would hate premix? When I go to fill up I just pour in the oil first then pump in the amout of gallons of gas. Been doing this for over a year with no problems and for about 5 years in the boat. If one of those oil lines come off Its gonna cost BIGTIME! Takes me an extra min. or two to pour in the oil first and it keeps me from being STRANDED and $100's of bucks in repair from a oil like popin off. To me its a no brainer. just my 2 cents.

+1
    +1
    Go with the stock head-much better than Riva/r&D AND most importantly a bigger chamber on number 3 cyl to save you from frying it-cause you will!
    Think about it-if there was not a problem with a design weakness on number 3 pot why the hell would yamaha go to the bother of designing/producing a variable chamber head??
    Those Riva/R&d heads were fine for the 1200r, but imho not the way to go for the 1300,s.
    Also-the heads don't crack-it's the cylinders. The girdle kits are for the cyls NOT heads!
    BTW-you won't damage a cyl running 150psi, so the girdle kits are a waste of time-You will probably more likley cause damage by fitting it when you take the cylinder bolt out and fit the girdle hardware which has been known to loosen causing an air leak between cyl and crankcase.
    You really should use the search feature, there's tons of info there, but your are going to have to do the legwork!

mongoose who do you know in the uk that can do stock heads ????

ive already bought the kit r&d ones i should have done the stock one but to send it to us and back again would cost a small fortune

this a question ive asked on jims fread to 1 ounce per gallon us gallon 3.5 litres so how do i work this out uk gallon 4.5 litres so how much oil do i need to put in ????? please your help would be great thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by markyyeah View Post
    this a question ive asked on jims fread to 1 ounce per gallon us gallon 3.5 litres so how do i work this out uk gallon 4.5 litres so how much oil do i need to put in ????? please your help would be great thanks
    http://www.csgnetwork.com/oilfuelcalc.html

I think he was asking what was the ratio of petrol to oil.

Thread Information