2000 SLX crank problems

I discovered after riding my ski all summer that my drive coupler is out of whack, the splined center of it where the drive shaft fits in spins out of round. So I think it may have hurt a crank bearing or the crank bearings. When I was running it on the hose to fog it back in the fall I noticed it was very loud like bearing noise with the seat off. What is the process to getting this fixed, new bearings on my crank or a whole new crank. Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by tburn View Post
    I discovered after riding my ski all summer that my drive coupler is out of whack, the splined center of it where the drive shaft fits in spins out of round. So I think it may have hurt a crank bearing or the crank bearings. When I was running it on the hose to fog it back in the fall I noticed it was very loud like bearing noise with the seat off. What is the process to getting this fixed, new bearings on my crank or a whole new crank. Thanks for any help.
    If it's just the main crank bearing at the PTO end, that one is easy to change and it can be done in just a few minutes. Of cource, the engine would have to pulled and the crank removed to do it. However, I think you would be a very lucky person if only that bearing was bad. If the crank really has a lot of run out at the drive coupler do to a bad bearing, then there are probably more issues with the crank than just one bearing. You really won't know for sure until you can inspect it. Another thought comes to mind, be sure to get a second opinion on that run out and noise before tearing into that engine. I would hate to see you go through all of that work only to find out that the crank wasn't the problem.

+1
    Contact Jay at Sharps !!!!!!!!

+1
    pull the pump and driveshaft and then run it ,you can also grab the coupler and see it it moves around

Thread Information