Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Intercooloer

Intercooloer

I just picked up an '07 F12X and of course I'm seeing what's out there for mods. Iwas checking out Macs stuff and I came across someone else selling intercoolers.Torque Solutions has them and they look ver similer to macs. I ended up buying one. I got it for $425. Just thought I'd let you guys know. Alot better than spending over $700 for pne. http://www.torquesolution.com/product_p/ts-hwc-001.htm

I build Horsepower
    +1
    Yea, It's a Chinese copy of mine...

See the 2 bungs under the intercooler? I put those on my 2nd design but there was no need to use them. But I still made a batch with them.

Difference is I used a Marine core $650 (USA made) and all the parts pirates use a Chinese ($125) automotive core.

The guy that copied mine (the one in your link photo) bought it used from a guy in Fla. I keep track of all serial numbers.

Sad but true.

Shawn

Don't take take this the wrong way, I'm just curious. But where did you see a serial #? I mean the Guy sells other IC's besides that one. And yours only say that they are engineered in the US. And what differentiates between automotive and marine cores?

I build Horsepower
    +1
    The guy you bought that from bought one of my intercoolers (used) and tried to copy it. trust me. I know who he is..

He also emailed me for other product info several times and never bought a thing. Just ( Oh I'm going to buy this.. and that) never did.

Put 2 and 2 together,, OK

I get this from people, from time to time,. Over the past 8 years of doing Honda products you see a pattern and deal with it.

I guess over the years I've learned that copying your work is a form of flattery (mistakes and all) and I just move on to the next project.

Hope you have good luck with your experiment.

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by tall1 View Post
    Don't take take this the wrong way, I'm just curious. But where did you see a serial #? I mean the Guy sells other IC's besides that one. And yours only say that they are engineered in the US. And what differentiates between automotive and marine cores?
    So yours are 100% USA made? And I'm still curious what the difference is between an auto and marine core.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tall1 View Post
    So yours are 100% USA made? And I'm still curious what the difference is between an auto and marine core.

His intercoolers dont have serial #'s.......the marine grade core is better and will handle salt water, the automotive one is ment to have coolant running through it.... not salt water. Calims are always made about quality but has yet to be seen......No one has had trouble with the Mac chineese intercooler that I know of.... I know plenty of usa made things that are really junk......and poorly designed

M
    Last edited by tall1; 01-29-2010 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Thought I was talking with someone else

has anyone got one of these intercoolers?

+1
    I have a Nitrocooler and have been very pleased with it, except the boost hoses popping off of it.

jr, does it look the same as nitro's?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information