I need some Tigershark information

I am thinking about purchasing a tigershark. It is a 1996 model with a 2 cylinder Suzuki engine with 1 carb. What size engine is it? Are parts readily available for a reasonable price? Are these reliable machines? What is the expected top speed? Do they handle well. It is a 2 seater, will it handle 2 people well? Sorry about all the questions but I want to know wnat I am getting into. It will not be a primary ski. Thanks in advance.
    Mike

two cylinder single carb. Sounds like a 640 to me. Those engine put out somewhere in the mid 60's HP range so it should be able to move in the 45mph range speed. Also should be fine for two people riding it. I would pick it up if I were you if you can get it for a good price.

As for how good there engines are. The engine is a suzuki engine that itself is a good engine and make good power. The oil injection pumps do go out on these quite a bit so I would recomend getting the oil injection block off plate for them and running it on premix.

My 1st ski was 96 montego DLX oil pump failed,and piston seized and broke rod ,all my ski 's have block off kits installed now!! GO Premix!!

Yes it sounds like a Montego. The 96 Montego came with a 62 HP 639 cc twin. As stated already it is a very reliable engine... They will GPS 44-45 mph.

+1
    Definitly a Montego-if its a 96 it should have a green lower hull-yellow top hull and green seat. Ive got one that is going up for sale-its was my wife favorite ski. Let me know if you need any parts -ive got a complete second one of these I used the motor out of to put in my 95 daytona(same motor but daytona has twin carbs)

how would I go about changing to premix????? please help

All you need to do is remove the whole oil injection system and install a block off plate where the oil pump bolted to the flywheel cover. Then just mix your fuel at 40:1 to 50:1 range and you will be good.

Thread Information