Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New FZR/FX SHO owner

Hi, new owner here... last week I picked up a pair of 09 leftover skis from a local dealer... blue FZR and a black FX SHO... I've been out of the ski game for a few years after having a 2004 GPR and XLT1200...

The SHO has already left me stranded with a tenth of an hour on the meter... stupid water box hose popped off in the middle of the lake... luckily the wife was on the other ski and towed me in... thats what I get for not checking the clamps...

Anyway, I wanted to say hi and start digging into the info here...

see ya on the water...

+1
    Congrats and welcome to the forum!

+1
    welcome to the forum

+1
    Welcome. That sucks about the hose coming off. First I've heard of that. I never checked any of my clamps and haven't had a problem in 97 hours.

Any plans for go fast mods?

Welcom and let the modding begin

no go fast stuff right away... I have a couple of fast cars so I know how that crap snowballs... I'd rather ride than wrench... my engine powered hobbies tend to get expensive when I start tinkering...

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

It is always a good practice on any new-to-you machine (used or even if it is brand new) to check it over thoroughly.

It is easy for someone to forget to tighten something, or QA at the factory to miss something. It can happen with any brand, any model or age of PWC.

Unlike a land vehicle, a failure on the water can have serious consequences, depending on when and where it happens.

The time spent checking clamps, connections, bolts and fittings ad everything can save you potential expense, lost time, and possible personal risk.

it was a risk alright... that damn water was cold... and after the incident, all offending clamps, bolts, zip tyes, and plugs were checked on both skis... the exhaust clamp was the only one I found loose... I do however have a small leak, its coming from a plastic T thats zip tied beside the rear compartment inside the ski... looks to be part of the bilge pump plumbing... the T comes apart and has an o ring in it and the way it hangs, it causes it to drip a little water when the pump runs... anyone have a clue about this fitting?

Just want to ride.
    +1

Ha - Know the feeling

Hello and welcome!

I had the EXACT same thing happen to me, in reverse. Bought my new FZR, took my brother with me on the SHO to do my breakin, and 35 minutes into riding, the upper hose clamp backed off, hose off the waterbox. Didn't diagnose from the lake, had to get back to the trailer to find it/fix it.

This is a GOOD reminder to take somebody with you when you go out the first time!

Enjoy!
    Sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by b1er View Post
    no go fast stuff right away... I have a couple of fast cars so I know how that crap snowballs... I'd rather ride than wrench... my engine powered hobbies tend to get expensive when I start tinkering...
    I gave up the car thing. It just gets too ridiculously expensive. I have more fun on my ski anyways and it's cheaper to make fast. Put a couple grand in a ski and you can have one of the fastest ones around. If you want to have one of the fastest cars around plan on dumping in 40k+.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information