Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Need some advice

Well, I can't believe what I did yesterday! Never had this happen before and probably won't happen again. I was adding some stabilizer to my SHO and as I was unscrewing the cap the little paper seal from inside the cap flipped off and from 4' away made a perfect beeline for the opening to my gas cap...which of course had been removed. I couldn't have made that shot if I had wanted to!
    I lifted the hood and removed the panel from the back wall. Has anyone taken their gas tank out or had to remove the filler hose to retrieve something like this? Anyone have any ideas on what the best way to go about getting this out? I have a 2' retrieve cable with the little claws that I was planning on using. I'm not even sure if these wafer size foam/paper seals even float. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

+1
    I'm not sure what the fix is, but I'd have paid money to see the look on your face after that happened.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly_A View Post
    I'm not sure what the fix is, but I'd have paid money to see the look on your face after that happened.
    I think I'd just put the gas cap back on the ski and act like it didn't happen if it were me. Doesn't seem like it would affect anything.

I had a cell phone pop-out of the holster when I bent over to pickup a branch on my pier once. The phone jump about six feet and went through a 4" wide opening between the pontoon and the pier. Nothing but net.

L[QUOTE=5001craig;1323782]I think I'd just put the gas cap back on the ski and act like it didn't happen if it were me. Doesn't seem like it would affect anything.

Ur kidding right?

+1
    I would remove the rubber fill hose inside and see if it stuck to the wall of the hose. I would never leave it in the tank because it will only get you whan you at the farthest part of the lake near sundown when you are riding full throttle and it sucks up next to the fuel intake and leanes out your motor ,of course you will be riding by your self and will spend the night with the water moccosins and skeeters,,,,,,,lol....you might try to over fill your tank and see if it will float up to the top. Im just glad it happened to you and not me...lol...sorry but thats a real murphys law story.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r View Post
    I would remove the rubber fill hose inside and see if it stuck to the wall of the hose. I would never leave it in the tank because it will only get you whan you at the farthest part of the lake near sundown when you are riding full throttle and it sucks up next to the fuel intake and leanes out your motor ,of course you will be riding by your self and will spend the night with the water moccosins and skeeters,,,,,,,lol....you might try to over fill your tank and see if it will float up to the top. Im just glad it happened to you and not me...lol...sorry but thats a real murphys law story.
    +1
    If you still can't get it, maybe remove the fuel pickup assembly & try to fish it out with your hand. I don't think that big ass tank is coming out unless you remove the engine.

+1
    +1 on the filler hose...you were damn unlucky to say the least, but i would guess like dave said its suck to the side of the filler hose...if not you gotta drain the tank if it aint floating on top of the gas...sorry its a hard pill to swallow but rather that pill than the lean motor one as this pill hurts your arse too...

Maybe try using a vacuum cleaner and poke around the first couple of inches of piping to tank to see if it is stuck to sides (make sure a new bag so ya can check you got it) or completely drain tank (you never know you could strike lucky and get it on the syphon tube) and then try vacuum hose into tank...
    Good luck, it aint a mission id like to go on!

+1
    If you know a procktologist ,you could get that camera grabber snake thing in shove down the pipe and see if you couold see it, a bore scope could do the same thing to verify its location.

+1
    Ok, so you guy's are very funny and I had to laugh myself..then I cried! Leaving it is NOT an option. I will tell you I must have begged forgiveness for any and every wrong thing I did that day just to make sure God was on my side when I do this thing! lol
    Thanks for your...um, urrrr, advice. Here goes

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information